Manager, Risk Reporting
Reference Code: 86261
Location: Canada (CA) – Calgary, AB
Job Category: Accounting/Finance
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is not eligible for our relocation program
Application Deadline: 06/22/2021
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
As Manager, Risk Reporting, you will provide leadership within the Market Risk team and perform middle office activities in support of TC Energy’s power, gas storage, oil, treasury, and other marketing businesses. Your team will be responsible for the development, enhancement and maintenance of various market risk reports, systems and controls. The successful candidate must have middle-office experience, working knowledge of ETRM systems and be able to provide ongoing guidance to team members. This position reports to the Director, Market Risk, in the Risk Management group of Corporate Finance.
What you’ll do
• Manage and oversee a robust control environment including daily risk reporting, limit compliance, trade validation and confirmations as well as various other risk control activities
• Collaborate with front office and back office personnel overseeing the development, production and innovation of front-office exposure, position, VaR and MTM reports
• Assess, measure, and manage risk exposure and escalate issues as appropriate
• Utilize and maintain ETRM and data warehouse systems, including documentation of processes for establishing book structures, trading limits, position reporting, validating price curves, implementing new products and trading strategies within the system
• Lead a team that monitors and reports policy and limit compliance, investigates trading and reporting anomalies, manages and validates forward price curves, confirms trades, and independently validates front-office reports and transactions
• Supervise and contribute to a variety of middle office projects and provide guidance and subject matter expertise and training to team members
• Work closely with the Director of Market Risk and other Risk Management team members to ensure appropriate governance and market risk oversight processes are in place
• Create relationships with and work in partnership with key internal stakeholders to ensure that processes and procedures are well defined and adhered to leading to a well-controlled risk environment
• Perform other market risk duties, as required
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics or related quantitative field
• 10+ years of related Market Risk work experience in a middle- or front-office role, specifically with direct exposure to North American power, natural gas, and/or crude oil markets
• Solid understanding of commodity markets and proficiency understanding futures, options, counterparty agreements and asset optimization
• Hands on experience with ETRM systems, preferably Endur and/or EKA
• Ability to lead an effective team with integrity and create an environment where employees feel included, valued and supported to do work that energizes them
• Master’s degree or similar advanced degree is preferred but not required
• Risk professional certifications
• General understanding of the Treasury function, including foreign exchange and interest rate products
• Experience in programming and database management
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate with a wide range of audiences
• Self-motivated, collaborative, innovative and motivated to develop a best-in-class risk management middle office team
• Detail-oriented, organized, driven-problem solver with a desire to improve business efficiency
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments and projects
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Apply to this posting by 06/22/2021 using reference code 86261. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or a desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* TC Energy is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tcenergy.com.