At ARC, we are in the business of producing some of the world’s most sustainable and ethical oil and gas resources.
People join ARC to be part of something truly unique: a Canadian owned and operated energy company with a reputation for doing what is right. Since our inception more than twenty years ago, we have been leaders in responsible development. At ARC, we create value for our shareholders while fostering a culture where respect for the individual is paramount and action and passion are rewarded. By employing top talent and relentlessly striving for excellence, we have earned our place as a leading Canadian energy company.
We all need energy, and the sustainable resources we supply will play a critical role in both decreasing global emissions and improving standards of living worldwide. Join ARC for the chance to meaningfully contribute to the future of energy.
The heart of ARC’s corporate strategy is Risk Managed Value Creation. A key component of this strategy is an acute awareness of global markets and risk factors necessary to execute an active hedging program as well as to support decisions across the organization.
As a key member of our Finance team, the Market Fundamental Analyst will be responsible for developing ARC’s commodity market outlook and an understanding of market trends and risks. ARC has a balanced approach of bottoms-up data analysis and review of third-party research in identifying key risks and price trends in commodity markets. ARC manages its financial commodity price, foreign exchange, and interest rate exposure through its Risk Management team within the Finance department. The Risk Management team also works closely with our Physical Marketing, Planning and Treasury teams.
The successful candidate will have strong analytical and communication skills along with a passion for learning and financial markets. Exceptional interpersonal skills, self-motivated and comfortable in a fast moving environment are qualities prerequisite for success in these roles.
- Develop and maintain data analysis and models for key market indicators
- Monitor, evaluate, and identify global/ regional supply and demand trends for commodities (crude oil, natural gas, NGLs)
- Review incoming research from external sources to help develop insightful and strategic analysis
- Maintain market consensus views by third parties on commodity prices and economic outlook
- Provide recommendations on the outlook of crude oil and natural gas markets as well as key economic assumptions to senior management via oral and written communication
- Collaborate in the preparation of market summary reports for weekly, monthly, and quarterly meetings as well as special topic reports based on current economic and market developments.
- Provide support in executing ARC’s hedging program with a strong understanding of risk exposures and price sensitivities
- Maintain and build internal systems and processes for communication of research
- Leverage existing relationships and develop industry relationships to further strengthen ARC’s corporate knowledge of market fundamentals, dynamics, and developments.
The ideal candidates will have 3 to 7 years of experience in a related role with direct experience within oil and natural gas markets. A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or Economics is preferred. Enrollment in, or completion of the CFA designation would be an asset. Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills are essential. Must be able to balance multiple priorities and work in a team environment.
The successful candidate will also possess the following attributes:
Strong understanding of market trends and fundamental dynamics of commodity market
Superior finance and analytical skills
Proven ability to put ideas into clear and concise executive briefings and presentations
Exceptional written and oral presentation skills
Superior computer skills and advanced knowledge in the use of Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel
Results oriented with the ability to meet deadlines with minimal supervision
Strong working knowledge of Bloomberg and Reuters
Closing Date: September 20, 2019
To apply for this job please visit arcresources.hgcareers.com.