Strike’s Projects team requires a Material Coordinator for each of the below project site locations. CORE ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Ensure daily activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Responsible for inventory management, project materials, project inventory and procurement.
- Ensure department goals are met and constantly looking for continuous improvements in the processes.
- Ensure staff adhere strictly to operational procedures, safety, health, security and quality policy.
- Reporting to the Project Manager, this person must understand project needs in terms of logistics and requirements.
- Coordinate with the client and various suppliers to ensure timely delivery of project materials.
- Liaise with other departments to requisition, purchase, and distribute materials.
POSITION LOCATION/DETAILS – Nordegg C6 Compressor Station (1 position available)
- This is a camp location approximately 100km west of Rocky Mountain House
- Bussing to and from Camp is provided. Camp is located 500m from project site
- Shift rotation is a 14 days on /7 days off
POSITION LOCATION/DETAILS – Didsbury B7 Unit Addition (1 position available)
- Local project to the Red Deer, Calgary and Airdrie areas. No LOA and no daily travel
- Bussing to and from site is provided from Crossfield, AB
- Shift Rotation is a 14 days on /7 days off
- 2 – 4 years of working experience in related field is required for this position.
- Experience reviewing standards, codes, and requirements and applying them in the field.
- Previous experience working in an industrial construction industry
- Excellent communication and people management skills.
- Dynamic, self-disciplines and highly motivated.
- Flexible and capable of working under pressure
- Must successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Capable of working as part of a team
- Fluent in speaking and reading English
- Must be able to follow directions
- Ability to read and interpret Material Test Reports (MTR’s)
- Microsoft Excel, Word and SharePoint experience would be considered an asset
- Ability to read P&ID and Isometrics would be considered an asset
Who we are Strike Group is a Canadian company with locations in BC, Alberta and Saskatchewan. Strike Group has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2007, and in 2013 was awarded Contractor of the Year by Alberta Venture. At Strike we demonstrate leadership, drive, creativity and initiative and reward people for their commitment, energy, enthusiasm and results. We treat others as we wish to be treated and, most importantly, ensure that every employee goes home safe. Why work for us Strike encourages and supports professional development through education and mentorship. We offer comprehensive benefits, competitive wages, and opportunities for career growth. We support the communities where we live and the Strike team that makes those communities thrive.
To apply for this job please visit www.strikegroup.ca.