POSITION SUMMARY Strike’s Industrial team requires a Material Coordinator the below project location. POSITION LOCATION/ DETAILS
- Project is at the Empress Gas Plant Complex, approximately 1 hour from Medicine Hat
- Start dates in July and August 2022
- Day shift and Night shift positions available
- Strike will provide daily transportation to and from Medicine hat to project site
- Ensure daily activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Responsible for inventory management, project materials, project inventory and procurement.
- Ensure department goals are met and constantly looking for continuous improvements in the processes.
- Ensure staff adhere strictly to operational procedures, safety, health, security and quality policy.
- Reporting to the Project Manager, this person must understand project needs in terms of logistics and requirements.
- Coordinate with the client and various suppliers to ensure timely delivery of project materials.
- Liaise with other departments to requisition, purchase, and distribute materials.
- 2 – 4 years of working experience in related field is required for this position.
- Experience reviewing standards, codes, and requirements and applying them in the field.
- Previous experience working in an industrial construction industry
- Excellent communication and people management skills.
- Dynamic, self-disciplines and highly motivated.
- Flexible and capable of working under pressure
- Must successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Capable of working as part of a team
- Fluent in speaking and reading English
- Must be able to follow directions
- Ability to read and interpret Material Test Reports (MTR’s)
- Microsoft Excel, Word and SharePoint experience would be considered an asset
- Ability to read P&ID and Isometrics would be considered an asset
Who we are Strike Group is a Canadian company with various locations in Alberta, Saskatchewan, British Columbia and Manitoba. Strike Group has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2007, and in 2013 was awarded Contractor of the Year by Alberta Venture. At Strike we demonstrate leadership, drive, creativity and initiative and reward people for their commitment, energy, enthusiasm and results. We treat others as we wish to be treated and, most importantly, ensure that every employee goes home safe. Why work for us Strike encourages and supports professional development through education and mentorship. We offer comprehensive benefits, competitive wages, and opportunities for career growth. We support the communities where we live and the Strike team that makes those communities thrive.
To apply for this job please visit www.strikegroup.ca.