POSITION SUMMARY Strike’s Material Receivers play a vital role in the smooth and efficient operation of our construction projects. Your primary responsibility will be to oversee the receipt, inspection, and storage of construction materials at our job sites. By ensuring timely and accurate deliveries, you will contribute to the successful execution of construction projects and uphold our commitment to quality, safety, and project timelines. Employees are expected to support and participate in a “culture of safety” and adhere to and be ambassadors of Strike’s Code of Conduct and Values, and to treat others with dignity, respect, and fairness. Note: This posting will be used to collect applications to fill current openings as well as anticipated future openings. Future openings are anticipated but not guaranteed POSITION DETAILS
- Candidates local to Grande Prairie preferred
- Ensure daily activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Responsible for inventory management, project materials, project inventory and procurement.
- Ensure department goals are met and constantly looking for continuous improvements in the processes.
- Ensure staff adhere strictly to operational procedures, safety, health, security and quality policy.
- Reporting to the Project Manager, this person must understand project needs in terms of logistics and requirements.
- Coordinate with the client and various suppliers to ensure timely delivery of project materials.
- Liaise with other departments to requisition, purchase, and distribute materials.
- 2 – 4 years of working experience in related field is required for this position.
- Must have experience receiving piping, valves, and fitting
- Experience reviewing standards, codes, and requirements and applying them in the field.
- Previous experience working in an industrial construction industry
- Excellent communication and people management skills.
- Dynamic, self-disciplines and highly motivated.
- Flexible and capable of working under pressure
- Must successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, & ABILITIES
- Capable of working as part of a team
- Fluent in speaking and reading English
- Must be able to follow directions
- Ability to read and interpret Material Test Reports (MTR’s)
- Microsoft Excel, Word and SharePoint experience would be considered an asset
- Ability to read P&ID and Isometrics would be considered an asset
Why work for Strike: Based in Western Canada with a head office in Calgary, Alberta, we provide energy and industrial construction and maintenance services across the largest geographical area in Canada. At Strike, we continuously demonstrate leadership, drive, creativity, and initiative. This has been shown through the recognition of being named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2007, and then later recognized at the Platinum Level for Canada’s Best Managed Companies distinction since 2018. Our team is comprised of loyal, supportive, and forward-thinking industry professionals. We foster a stable, safe, and community-minded environment where you can embrace professional development and maximize your upward mobility. At Strike, we also reward our own people for their continuous commitment, energy, enthusiasm, and results. Our culture at Strike is highly important to us, which is why we make many efforts to support those employed at Strike. Strike’s main value is that every employee gets home safe. We are a safety-focused company that allows our employees to work efficiently with the safest equipment and procedures. At Strike, we have created a community that supports the importance of physical and mental health. As we value the importance of treating others as we wish to be treated, Strike has a welcoming and inclusive team. Strike Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. Join our fast-growing company with a small business feel.
To apply for this job please visit www.strikegroup.ca.