- Accountable for providing technical assurance for Materials and Corrosion Discipline for fabrication, construction activities at Kitimat and module fabrication yards based in China
- Provide technical assurance and support on welding (incl. NBG) and NDT activities at site for closure welds program.
- Provide continuous and timely engineering support on issues related to hydrotest, preservation, NDT/Inspection, PMI, welding, Repairs, Corrosion, CUI, material degradation/damage
- Responsible engineer for engineering documents, vendor procedures such as WPS/PQR’s, Preservation, PMI, Inspection
- Review and sign dispositions of Non conformances to welding, NDE/ inspection, repairs, testing, preservation issues, support root cause investigation
- Directly support Quality team and drive quality surveillance, audits at vendor shops, yards, attend RVI (where possible), review inspection reports & follow-up actions
- Provide materials and corrosion engineering support on welding, NDT, coating, and painting for other interfacing disciplines such as Electrical, Civil Structural, Rotating Equipment disciplines
- Integration of Materials and Corrosion discipline for both ISBL and OSBL scopes and work proactively to ensure interface issues are resolved
- Collaborate with Quality, Process, Asset Integrity, Operations, Maintenance and proactively work across boundaries
- Deliver RBI study through EPC in accordance with the project prime contract requirements; key activities include
- CCDs’, IOW’s, Criticality, Inspection and Corrosion Schedules
- Base line inspection thickness completion (yards and Kitimat – for stick-built scope)
- RBI deliverables from project team i.e., documents, reports and fully populated wIMS/RBI database is ready to be handed over to asset team
- Lead Vendor assessments/audits/qualification approvals
- Support MMI Lead in various Project to Asset handover activities, lead and review interviews with leadership guidance and input.
- Lead and develop small project teams of writers and associates and contractors.
- Input into employee development planning and the bi-annual review process.
- Update of project management tracker (MONDAY).
- Influencing in a lump sum execution environment
- High complexity mega module builds out with considerable focus on schedule by the EPC
- Compliance and Technical Risk management often in the context of diverse conflicting drivers
- distributed working approach adopted by Contractor with activity in multiple time zones
- Complex Contractor management where separation of technical and commercial considerations can often be difficult
- Growing number of internal and external stakeholders and customers in the latter phases of the project driving keen prioritization and resource deployment as well as well-developed integration skills
- Technical professional with the following demonstrated strengths:
- HSSE leadership
- Contract experience in a mega project environment
- Technical Integrity Verification
- Strong ability to build respectful relationships operating in a multi-ethnic environment
- Ability to analyze and identify root causes of issues and to develop and implement effective improvements
- Self-driven, pro-active, outcome-focused, strong analytical, conceptual and collaboration skills
- Ability to actively listen, understand perspectives and align stakeholders
- Genuine care for colleagues, contractors
To apply for this job please visit www.brunel.net.