May 2021 – Bachelor of Science (Environmental/GIS) Student Opportunities
Reference Code: 72224
Location: Canada (CA) -Calgary, AB
Job Category: Health, Safety, Environment; Student Opportunities
Employment Type: Co-op Student Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is eligible for our student relocation package
Application Deadline: 03/14/2021
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
Are you up for the challenge? We’re on the lookout for students enrolled in the Faculty of Science in Environmental Sciences and Geographic Information Systems.
We engage our science students in the very core of our operations. As a valued member of the team, you’ll do exciting, challenging work, solve real world problems, and make a meaningful impact. You’ll learn about the business and build your professional network by working closely with other skilled people at TC Energy. Every day will enhance your knowledge, skills and passion for what you do.
Roles are based in Calgary and responsibilities will depend on your team and work location. To be considered for student opportunities, please submit a general application online, or watch for specific job postings at your Co-op/University Career Services Centre, and tailor your application accordingly. These will be posted at various universities throughout September 2020 and January 2021.
• Actively enrolled in a degree program, or equivalent, with at least one semester of education complete
• Enrollment at an accredited university, and returning to school for at least one semester following your work term
• Exhibit a safety mindset, in a professional and personal setting
• Must exhibit the TC Energy’s corporate values and incorporate them into work activities and initiatives: safety, responsibility, integrity and collaboration
• Legally entitled to work in Canada by way of Canadian citizenship, permanent residency or a valid work permit
• Strong interpersonal and communicative skills to work efficiently in a collaborative team environment
• Committed to building and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Ability to accurately analyze information and deal with ambiguity
• Experience working in a dynamic and challenging environment, and adaptable to changing priorities
• Ability to multi-task effectively, with strong organizational and time management skills
• Reflective and committed to continuous improvement and personal development
About our business
TC Energy (formerly TransCanada) is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Apply to this posting by 03/14/2021 using reference code 72224.
We will consider you for available student positions based on your skills — you don’t need to apply for a specific position. However, specific job ads will be posted at various Co-op/University Career Services Centres throughout September 2020 and January 2021. If any of these catch your interest, please note the timelines and reference the job title(s) in your cover letter. Depending on your specific co-op office guidelines, you may need to apply to your co-op office, as well as our TC Energy careers website to be considered.
Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Use a desktop or laptop computer to avoid system errors.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at www.TCEnergy.com/students and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* TC Energy is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tcenergy.com.