Media Relations Coordinator
Reference Code: 103821
Location: Canada (CA) – Calgary, AB
Job Category: Communications/Marketing
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is not eligible for our relocation program
Application Deadline: 05/15/2022
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, innovation, responsibility, collaboration and integrity, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
To remain competitive, support our high-performance culture and allow for more flexibility in the way we work, we offer a hybrid work model and flexible dress code for our eligible office-based workforce in Canada, the U.S. and Mexico.
Our Communications team is evolving to meet the needs of our growing business and we are expanding our Media Centre.
We are seeking a Media Relations Coordinator who has knowledge and experience in understanding the communications research, tools, platforms and technologies and the role they play in assisting corporations in protecting and enhancing brand and reputation. This individual has the proven skills, competencies and capacity to collaborate across communications, stakeholder relations, investor relations and other corporate functions to assist with the execution of communications strategies and proactive media relations.
Reporting to the Manager of Media & Crisis Communications, this position is responsible for supporting the team in a variety of capacities, including news release coordination and dissemination; media line monitoring; monitoring and reporting on coverage; event support; digital and corporate material content development; researching and writing.
What you’ll do
As a key member of TC Energy’s Media Centre, the successful candidate will be an energetic self-starter with a focus to support the broader team in protecting and enhancing our corporate reputation and telling our story. As a valued member of the team, you’ll do exciting, challenging work, solve real-world problems, and make a meaningful impact. You’ll learn about the business and build your professional network by working closely with other skilled people at TC Energy. Every day will enhance your knowledge, skills and passion for what you do.
- Day-to-day management of the traditional media monitoring/news briefs dissemination and media analysis
- Monitor, assess and dispatch incoming media inquiries
- Provide information and support media response as required
- Maintain message library, including developing templated approved messaging
- Coordinate and disseminate news releases and media advisories
- Write for a variety of clients and audiences: social media posts, web updates, articles, stories, fact sheet/material development
- Peer/Industry analysis and research as required
- Support in the development of tools and templates
- Liaison with the digital team and support development and management of an online newsroom
- Serve as a member of the on-call team and will require early morning, evening and weekend work at times. Overtime eligible.
- Must be a graduate of recognized post-secondary institution, preference for journalism, broadcasting, communications, business or related field specialty
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience
- Tech and digital savvy with intermediate to advanced understanding of Microsoft Office applications
- Experience in media relationship management or demonstrated relationships with traditional media
- Creative, highly motivated and self-managed with strong interpersonal skills to effectively work in a collaborative team environment
- Must have strong attention to detail for content quality control with an ability to produce high-quality products under intense deadline pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent use of prioritization and flexibility with changing priorities
- Experience with social media, content management systems, databases and tools, including news release dissemination platforms
- Previous experience in the energy industry and understanding of the public policy landscape across North America
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Apply to this posting by 05/15/2022 using reference code 103821. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program supervised by the U.S. government.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tcenergy.com.