- Read and interpret blueprints/drawings, produce rough sketches (abbreviations, symbols for machining/welding/assembly, tolerances, etc.).
- Install, align, dismantle, and move stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment, such as pumps, conveyors, sizers, crushers, and vibrating screens according to layout plans using hand and power tools.
- Fabricate, overhaul, or modify parts of equipment (e.g., cut, shape, machine, and weld) within time frames outlined in the maintenance schedule.
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices such as cranes, jacks, and tractors, to position machinery and parts during the installation, set-up, and repair of machinery.
- Conduct equipment inspections in response to operator concerns or as outlined by the maintenance schedule and detect and diagnose troubles (e.g., vibration, heat, odor, abnormal instrument response, etc.).
- Operate machine tools to fabricate parts required during overhaul, maintenance, or set-up of machinery.
- Assemble machinery and equipment prior to installation using hand and power tools and welding equipment.
- Mentorship of employees, trainees, and trades people.
- Always protect the safety and well-being of yourself and your co-workers. Follow all Company specific safety protocols and Occupational Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- Oversee and ensure that contractors assigned to your responsibility meet quality, cost, and schedule targets.
- Work with other trades in a flexible team environment to achieve best-in-class efficiency and productivity.
To apply for this job please visit www.brunel.net.