Requisition Id: 23806
Department: Operations Engineering Department
Our Gas Services Business Unit, part of Pembina’s Facilities Division, is looking for an Engineer, Operations to join the team. The Gas Services Business Unit provides gas gathering, compression, shallow cut processing and both sweet and sour deep cut processing services for its customers, primarily on a fee-for-service basis under long-term contracts. Reporting to the Manager, Operations Engineering, the Analyst, MOC will be a direct contributor to the ongoing development of Pembina’s gas services business strategy.
Summary of Responsibilities
Responsibilities include and not limited to:
- Coordination of MOC’S and AFE’S for operational support during project development and long-term operation;
- Participate in engineering related activities: design reviews, operations and maintenance reviews, HAZOPs, etc. and support each Project Engineer through completion of each project;
- Ensure projects are compliant with Pembina and industry standards / practices related to pipeline operations;
- Work with Project Teams to remain informed on any changes to design issues, schedule constraints, cost escalation, etc.;
- Ensure safety hazards identified and eliminated or mitigated through the design process are documented for each project;
- Coordinate with procurement and accounting to insure timely support to project materials and services;
- Participate and help plan turnover from construction, commissioning and start-up activities; and, coordinate these activities with the Operations, Maintenance and service groups;
- Flexibility and mobility to occasionally work on projects at the facility or construction location within Alberta or north eastern BC;
- Conduct regular status meetings internally with the project team;
- Monitor and report progress for all aspects of the project lifecycle on assigned projects to all levels of management, including operations leaders as applicable; and
- Participate in an inclusive and diverse workplace.
- The successful candidate will be an Engineer or Engineering Technologist and be registered (or eligible to register) with APEGA or ASET. Candidates who are eligible for professional accreditation will be considered; A post-secondary degree or certificate in any Engineering discipline is preferred;
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant engineering or project management experience in managing gas processing projects; Strong knowledge project management, project documentation and engineering project lifecycles;
- Knowledge of gas processing operations and facilities will be considered an asset;
- Functional knowledge of technical standards and specifications related to construction or engineering projects;
- Some knowledge of engineering principles related to facility design and construction would be considered an asset; and
- Previous field experience in operating and/or construction of gas processing facilities are valuable attributes.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as interpersonal skills and building rapport with field operations;
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, enthusiastic and confident, with exceptional attention to detail and a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude toward work;
- Above average proficiency with all MS Office computer applications; and
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License with a clean abstract is required.
Final candidate will be required to undergo a background check; including a criminal record check.
No agency calls please.
Pembina Pipeline Corporation is committed to diversity, equal opportunity and ensuring that our employees have the ability to thrive in an inclusive environment. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous status, national origin, age, disability or any other legally-protected factors. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request during the recruitment process.
For more than 65 years, Pembina has safely and reliably served North America’s energy industry, delivering oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids production to North American markets.
Powering Pembina’s growth are our smart, creative and energetic people who allow us to remain a disciplined and responsible energy transportation and service provider and a trusted member in our communities.
Our expectations are high and our rewards reflect this: We treat our people well – whether it’s through our compensation package, community engagement and volunteer opportunities, or our numerous social activities.
Pembina provides everything you could want in an employer. We are a proud recipient of Canada’s Top 100 Employers (2018-2021), Alberta’s Top Employers (2014-2021), Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2019), and an Employer Partner of the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion. We are also a strong supporter of Skills Canada.
To apply for this job please visit careers.pembina.com.