Requisition Id: 25151
Department: Field Communications Function (East)
Pembina Pipeline Corporation’s Sherwood Park office is recruiting for a Network Telecommunications Analyst to join the team. This position reports to the Supervisor, Field Communications East in the Information Services Unit, (ISU).
At Pembina, it is the responsibility of the Information Services Unit to continuously improve data, security, and integrity of the network from infringement, interruption, and destruction of sensitive data. We depend on the help of our talented people who are constantly looking for innovative ways to improve our processes and existing technologies. Our focus is to collaborate with our customers and colleagues to land cutting edge technologies to help improve the way we work, maximize productivity, and reduce cost which in turn could possibly help contribute to the environmental solutions that can help with our climate change challenges. We are building a diverse team of open minded, adaptable, and innovative people, to keep up with the changing world of technology.
Summary of Responsibilities
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- The installation, maintenance, repair, and documentation of telecommunications and networking equipment including but not limited to: routers, switches, modems, digital radio systems (including microwave), antennas, and voice systems;
- Providing data transport of various communications protocols and formats including serial and IP (MPLS, TCP/IP);
- Initiate, design, document, and maintain telecommunications systems at tower sites, pipeline facilities, and data centres;
- Install and upgrade new and existing field facilities to meet Pembina’s growing need for further information gathering and control of assets;
- Provide support to Field Communications team and to Pembina Pipeline Operations;
- Supervise contractors and provide on-call coverage as required and;
- Participate and support an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workplace.
- Network, Telecommunications, Electronics, or Wireless Systems Technology (or equivalent) graduate with field experience.
- Post-secondary education from a recognized technical training institution (such as NAIT, SAIT, BCIT, etc.);
- 5+ years related experience configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting medium to large scale networks;
- Experience with Nokia (Alcatel-Lucent) hardware, Nokia NFM-P Network Manager (SAM), and Cisco telecommunications hardware/networks preferred;
- Experience with microwave and narrow band radio systems as well as SCADA communications would be an asset;
- Must be a self-starter and dedicated team member;
- Must be willing to work in both office and field environments;
- Ability to perform with minimal supervision;
- Ability to multitask and respond to time constraints and deadlines;
- Commitment to expanding knowledge and experience in the telecommunications field;
- Effective interpersonal and problem-solving skills;
- Valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License;
- Comfortable with driving a full-sized pick-up truck on Oil Field roads.
This position is considered “Safety Sensitive” so will require Pre-Employment Drug & Alcohol Testing. You may also be required to provide a Driver’s Abstract.
The successful candidate must live within 50 km of Sherwood Park, AB.
We offer competitive compensation; including base plus incentive bonus, pension & savings plans, health benefits, employee development programs to support personal development and career progression and, a hybrid work arrangement, in an environment that is equitable, diverse, and inclusive.
Final candidate will be required to undergo a background check; including a criminal record check.
No agency calls please.
Pembina Pipeline Corporation is committed to diversity, equal opportunity and ensuring that our employees have the ability to thrive in an inclusive environment. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous status, national origin, age, disability or any other legally-protected factors. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request during the recruitment process.
For more than 65 years, Pembina has safely and reliably served North America’s energy industry, delivering oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids production to North American markets.
Powering Pembina’s growth are our smart, creative and energetic people who allow us to remain a disciplined and responsible energy transportation and service provider and a trusted member in our communities.
Our expectations are high and our rewards reflect this: We treat our people well – whether it’s through our compensation package, community engagement or volunteer opportunities.
Pembina provides everything you could want in an employer. We are a proud recipient of Canada’s Top 100 Employers (2018-2022), Alberta’s Top Employers (2014-2022) and an Employer Partner of the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion. We are also a strong supporter of Skills Canada.
To apply for this job please visit careers.pembina.com.