Northern Energy Capital
Vancouver, BC or Whitehorse, YT, hybrid remote
$50,000 to $60,000 salary, or hourly equivalent
Part-time to Full-time, permanent
Northern Energy Capital (NEC) is a leading Canadian clean energy developer that delivers projects in remote and northern communities in partnership with Indigenous Nations and Development Corporations. Based out of Vancouver, BC, and Whitehorse, YT, NEC is committed to solving key energy issues in Canada and empowering northern communities to transition from fossil fuels to clean energy. Our dynamic, diversely-skilled team is looking to grow, and the role we are looking to fill is multi-faceted. You will join a small yet vibrant team that values employee growth, sustainability, and a healthy work environment.
Who are we looking for?
NEC is seeking a student or recent graduate with electrical experience to fill a position as Renewable Energy Operations Coordinator. This position is part-time to full-time, based in Vancouver, BC, or Whitehorse, YT, or a remote home office within reasonable access to air-travel service to Yukon and Nunavut Territories. Occasional travel to Yukon and Nunavut territories will be required an estimated 2-3 times per quarter and is an integral aspect of this role. This position will focus on coordinating operations at our many project sites in northern Canada, with the chance to support many other aspects of the business’ growth in the clean energy sector.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordination, implementation, and maintenance of NEC’s various renewable energy projects in northern Canada, which include but are not limited to:
- Wind farm operations
- Wind resource assessments
- Clean energy power systems
- Collaboration with vendors and service providers to produce/maintain project budgets and schedules
- Monitoring project performance and coordinating timely response efforts to restore outages
- Writing technical reports and safe operating procedures
- Coordinating all permitting and environmental assessments
- Project cashflow management, payments and invoicing
- Contributing to project marketing campaigns and grant funding applications
- Participation in public engagement sessions
Education and Experience Requirements
- Post-secondary degree (received or in progress) with background in electrical engineering, environmental science, renewable energy, geography, sustainability, project management, or other relevant degree.
- Experience in low-voltage electrical systems, design and construction (electrical trade training an asset)
- Basic knowledge of energy issues, including renewable energy
- Basic knowledge of engineering and construction processes
- Project management or project coordination experience
- Experience with environmental/permitting issues would be an asset
- Experience in stakeholder engagement (regulators, utilities, Indigenous Nations) would be an asset
Skills and Ability Requirements
- Excellent time management skills and a willingness to be adaptable
- Strong organizational, analytical, and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong focus on detail
- Self-motivated and can execute tasks independently
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to support a team
- Strong interest in renewable energy technologies and developments in the industry
- Ability to travel occasionally (up to 2-3 times per quarter)
- Paid training and professional development opportunities
- Flexible work schedule with hybrid/remote opportunities
- Bi-annual performance and salary reviews
- Opportunity to join an innovative team at the forefront of cold-climate renewable energy development, working alongside Indigenous partners to meet the unique energy needs of remote northern communities in Canada.
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter by March 31, 2023 to Malek Tawashy at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Application – Renewable Energy Operations Coordinator” in the job title in the subject line. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are critical to our clean energy mission, and Northern Energy Capital (NEC) ensures equal opportunity for all qualified applicants. We encourage people of all visible minorities, including Indigenous applicants and those of any religion, sex, age, ability, sexual orientation, or gender expression, to apply. We are committed to an inclusive environment where all voices are valued and heard.
Don’t meet every requirement? At NEC, we are dedicated to expanding our diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you are excited about this role and committed to developing your career in clean energy, but your experience doesn’t align with every qualification in the job description, we still encourage you to apply. You may be the right candidate for this role or an upcoming position!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.