The Office Administrator is the first point-of-contact within the Strike office, and presents a positive and professional image of Strike to all clients, suppliers, associates, callers and office visitors. Administrators maintain an appropriate level of confidentiality in all interactions. An office administrator must be approachable, highly organized, and customer service oriented.
- General Administration/Communication/Reception: Represent Strike in person, on the phone and through electronic communications. Communicate current information with clients and staff while maintaining a professional and organized office environment.
- Worker Hires/Rehires: Assist with new hire orientations, sign-on packages & client orientations.
- Payroll: Enter worker hours for payroll processing and review for accuracy. Prepare invoices for contractor and employee owned equipment.
- Accounts Receivable: Prepare, distribute and track field tickets for customer approval. Prepare customer invoices. Enter customer invoices into their approved accounting system. Experience with Enverus and Open Invoice is an asset.
- Accounts Payable: Verify incoming invoices and process for payment. Develop a good working relationship with vendors.
- Purchasing: Issue purchase orders, track incoming invoices and ensure alignment with job/project costs.
- Reporting: Maintain project controls, Run reports for job costing, project data, requested audits and other analytical purposes.
- Health and Safety: Assist with HSE and quality control functions as business activity level demands additional coverage.
- Fleet & Equipment – Assist with NSC and fleet maintenance records
- Office administration or accounting diploma or bachelor’s degree (i.e. administration, accounting, commerce) is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years administrative experience.
- Experience within the oilfield and or construction industry is considered an asset.
APPLICANT REQUIREMENTS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Must be local to High Level and or surrounding area
- Willing to take initiative and work independently
- Be open-minded and eager to be challenged
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Possess a problem solving and critical thinking attitude
- Effective written, oral and peer-to-peer communication skills
- Detail oriented work ethic
- Willing to take direction from team members and also work cooperatively in a team environment
- Highly motivated and a positive attitude
Why work for Strike: Based in Western Canada with a head office in Calgary, Alberta, we provide energy and industrial construction and maintenance services across the largest geographical area in Canada. At Strike we continuously demonstrate leadership, drive, creativity, and initiative. This has been shown through the recognition of being named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2007, and then later recognized at Platinum Level for Canada’s Best Managed Companies distinction since 2018. Our team is comprised of loyal, supportive, and forward-thinking industry professionals. We foster a stable, safe, and community-minded environment where you can embrace professional development and maximize your upward mobility. At Strike we also reward our own people for their continuous commitment, energy, enthusiasm, and results. Our culture at Strike is highly important to us, which is why we make many efforts to support those employed at Strike. Strike’s main value is that every employee gets home safe. We are a safety focused company that allows our employees to work efficiently with the safest equipment and procedures. At Strike, we have created a community that supports the importance of physical and mental health. As we value the importance of treating others as we wish to be treated, Strike has a welcoming and inclusive team. Strike Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. Join our fast-growing company with a small business feel.
To apply for this job please visit www.strikegroup.ca.