Requisition Id: 24977
Department: Paraffin Operations Department
Pembina Pipeline Corporation’s Redwater office is recruiting for three Operations Planners to join the team. These positions report to the Operations Manager in the Natural Gas Liquids Business Unit, part of Pembina’s Facilities Division. The Natural Gas Liquids Business Unit is involved in the fractionation, terminaling and storage of our specification products throughout North America. These roles will be responsible for liaising between Maintenance, Engineering and Operations ensuring unit maintenance and production issues are discussed, prioritized addressed and resolved in a timely manner. Duties include, but are not limited to:
Summary of Responsibilities
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Participate in Notification approval to ensure the work request(s) adds value, the data is accurate, and the priority is correct;
- Communicate daily operations priorities/instructions/directives to the operations unit;
- Prioritize all unit maintenance activities and liaise with the Maintenance Department and operating teams; leading daily unit work prioritization meetings;
- Coordinate the execution of unplanned emergency / urgent maintenance activities and planned outages;
- Provide input from a plant operations perspective into detailed work plans, scoping requirements, resource and material requirements, work order follow-up and backlog management;
- Support the development of Daily, Weekly and Monthly Schedules for planned work and ensure distribution to the appropriate disciplines;
- Work with the Maintenance Planners to ensure operations needs are identified and understood, and that plans are integrated;
- Ensure operational and maintenance activities are executed per Pembina’s policies and procedures and supports implementation of maintenance strategies to ensure equipment availability;
- Interface with Safety, Operations, Maintenance, Procurement, Integrity, Contractors, and Engineering to develop accurate and executable work scopes;
- Work with the Maintenance Planners to create detailed work packages that include all the required documentation related to the execution of the work scope which could include; P&ID’s, LOTO’s, blind lists, Safety Device Bypass Forms, External Energy Forms, Risk Assessments, Alternative Safe Isolations, Operations preparation of equipment, in addition to the development of commissioning and operating procedures for new or altered equipment;
- Act as Operations SME in the MOC Process, Risk Assessments, PHA’s;
- Maintain a visible commitment to process and personal safety, as well as the safety of others; adheres to Pembina’s Core Competencies to drive results and culture; and
- Lead and foster the development of an inclusive work environment.
- 5+ years of progressive, related experience in large processing plant operations;
- Ability to manage multiple task assignments, and an effective communicator both verbal and written;
- Flexible to accomodate changing priorities in a plant environment;
- Willing to collaborate with different teams through continuous change and improvement in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong understanding of production planning and scheduling, as well as a basic understanding of economics and budgeting;
- SAP experience is considered an asset;
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint); and
- Strong organizational skills.
Candidates will need to reside within 100KM of the Redwater Facility.
This position is considered “Safety Sensitive” so will require Pre-Employment Drug & Alcohol Testing. You may also be required to provide a Driver’s Abstract.
We offer competitive compensation; including base plus incentive bonus, pension & savings plans, health benefits, employee development programs to support personal development and career progression and, a hybrid work arrangement, in an environment that is equitable, diverse, and inclusive.
Final candidate will be required to undergo a background check; including a criminal record check.
No agency calls please.
Pembina Pipeline Corporation is committed to diversity, equal opportunity and ensuring that our employees have the ability to thrive in an inclusive environment. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous status, national origin, age, disability or any other legally-protected factors. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request during the recruitment process.
For more than 65 years, Pembina has safely and reliably served North America’s energy industry, delivering oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids production to North American markets.
Powering Pembina’s growth are our smart, creative and energetic people who allow us to remain a disciplined and responsible energy transportation and service provider and a trusted member in our communities.
Our expectations are high and our rewards reflect this: We treat our people well – whether it’s through our compensation package, community engagement or volunteer opportunities.
Pembina provides everything you could want in an employer. We are a proud recipient of Canada’s Top 100 Employers (2018-2022), Alberta’s Top Employers (2014-2022) and an Employer Partner of the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion. We are also a strong supporter of Skills Canada.
To apply for this job please visit careers.pembina.com.