AltaGas is an energy infrastructure business with a focus on natural gas, power, and regulated utilities. We have, and continue to build, a solid portfolio of assets to serve producers and to provide clean and affordable energy to our customers. We continuously strive to build dynamic teams to support our future growth. We provide opportunity, challenge and competitive compensation within a positive work environment that motivates people to build careers within our company. AltaGas’ success is driven by a skilled team of more than 1700 employees.
Rapid expansion of our business has created a wide range of career opportunities for qualified individuals. If you want to work for a company that offers work/life balance, financial assistance to support continuous learning and growth, and that has a solid track record of success with an achievement-oriented organizational culture, AltaGas may be the right company for you.
Reporting to the Senior Director Operations, Power, this position is responsible for the Bear Mountain facility and ensures the safe and reliable operation of the facility, maintenance planning, regulatory compliance, stakeholder relations, contractor management, and effective communication of operational activities, downtime, expenses, incident reporting and investigations.
Bear Mountain Wind Facility
Location ~ 20 km west of Dawson Creek, BC
Size 102 MW, 34 ENERCON E-83 turbines
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Overall Site/Facility (Balance of Plant) operations and maintenance activities. Including the daily operation (visually inspecting the site and individual turbines, monitoring the SCADA system for errors, alarms, or other issues), and planned and corrective maintenance.
- Coordinate activities of the turbine OEM (ENERCON – 6 techs) to optimize power production vs turbine maintenance and service life.
- Responsible for ensuring all operations and maintenance activities are performed in accordance with the Power division’s guidelines, industry best safety practices and guidelines, as well as all pertinent laws and regulations.
- Required to climb wind turbines (80m) for maintenance and inspections.
- Perform medium to high voltage switching and LOTO.
- Possess the ability to read and interpret site drawings, schematics, and one-line drawings.
- Ensure that contractors within area of responsibility receive adequate orientation, training and support for the completion of their daily responsibilities
- Complete and/or coordinate area/facility work planning including (but not limited to) the following activities:
- Facility budgeting
- Work and personnel scheduling
- Maintenance of Maximo work orders and other PM scheduling
- Coordination with contractors and management as required to execute critical management system processes including but not limited to:
- Management of Change
- Non-Conformance Reports
- Hazard Identification
- Incident Investigation
- Coordinate any wind farm shutdowns/startups with Enercon and BC Hydro.
- Communicate with BC Hydro regarding the operation of the plant including the transmission of met tower and other operating data.
- Ensure adequate upkeep of the facility and surrounding property.
- Interact with AltaGas head office and other staff by providing timely reports, updates etc.
- Establish and maintain a positive relationship with the emergency services within the Dawson Creek area.
- Interact with the public regarding general project information, complaints, etc.
- Other daily, weekly, monthly, and as needed duties.
- Technical diploma, electrical journeyman certificate or certification in wind/renewable energy required. Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field preferred.
- 2-5 years’ experience in a related renewable energy field, with direct expertise in electrical engineering preferred.
- Supervisory experience
- Sound technical knowledge of the following equipment and processes:
- Wind turbines
- Hydraulic or rotating heavy equipment
- Technical drawings and schematics
- Ability to manage, administer and schedule projects to achieve successful outcome
- No restrictions on driving / must have valid drivers’ license.
- Ability to climb 80 meters.
- Other Attributes and skills:
- Safety consciousness
- Good communication
- Financially astute
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resumes in confidence to the Human Resources Department by visiting www.altagas.ca/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization, but only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No agency referrals or telephone inquiries at this time, please.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://trr.tbe.taleo.net/trr01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=ALTALTD&cws=1&rid=293 →