Requisition Id: 21206
Department: Operations Function
Pembina Pipeline Corporation’s Hythe facility is recruiting for a Gas Plant Operator to join the team. This position reports to the Hythe Day Foreman, Operations in the Gas Services Business Unit (GBU), part of Pembina’s Facilities division. The Gas Services Business Unit provides gas gathering, compression, shallow cut processing and both sweet and sour deep cut processing services for its customers, primarily on a fee-for-service basis under long-term contracts.
Summary of Responsibilities
As a Gas Plant Operator, the successful candidate will be responsible for daily operations of the Hythe gas plant. The Hythe plant is not a camp based facility. It operates on a 28-day rotating schedule consisting of 12-hour day & night shifts. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Start up, operate and shut down unit operations within the gas plant as well as the entire plant with expertise;
- Review, understand and fully utilize Pembina’s safety and operational procedures and standards in performing all facets of work;
- Ensure all safety documentation is completed for all personnel working in the facilities under operational care. This will include Safe Work Permits and Field Level Task Assessments;
- Clearly document facilities operation in logbook reporting, daily production reports and reliability reporting;
- Lead and participate in commissioning and startup activities;
- Work with Pembina management, engineering firms and equipment vendors to develop a comprehensive set of procedures that will enable safe and reliable plant operation;
- Identify and troubleshoot process upsets, take action to resolve issues;
- Call out maintenance for equipment repairs, ensure the priority level for repairs is communicated as required;
- Look for cost savings opportunities and relay them to the team during operations meetings;
- Incident reporting;
- Keep safety tickets up to date & coordinate required training; and
- Work with a safety conscious attitude.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in gas plant or field operations;
- Post-secondary education in the oil & gas industry is an asset;
- Preference will be given to those who have completed 3rd Class Power Engineering certification;
- Equipment experience would include gas compression, refrigeration, and fractionation. Sour Gas Plant and sulfur plant experience would be considered a strong asset;
- Familiar with all aspects of the operations and established procedures;
- Strong mechanical background;
- Continual dedication to on-going training and development;
- Strong interpersonal communication and organizational skills;
- Ability to multi-task and maintain a flexible attitude to accommodate the variable duties of the position; and
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications.
Pembina Pipeline Corporation is committed to diversity, equal opportunity and ensuring that our employees have the ability to thrive in an inclusive environment. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous status, national origin, age, disability or any other legally-protected factors. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request during the recruitment process.
The successful candidate must live within 100km of Grande Prairie, AB. This position is considered “Safety Sensitive” so will require Pre-Employment Drug & Alcohol Testing. You may also be required to provide a Driver’s Abstract.
Final candidate will be required to undergo a background check; including a criminal record check.
No agency calls please.
Pembina is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other legally-protected factors. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process.
Pembina Pipeline Corporation has been serving the transportation and midstream service needs of North America’s energy industry for over 60 years. We process, terminal and transport our customers’ products safely – all while protecting the environment and delivering on our commitments to our shareholders and community stakeholders. When we build something, we do it right.
Powering Pembina’s growth are our smart, creative and energetic people who allow us to remain a disciplined and responsible energy transportation and service provider and a trusted member in our communities.
Our expectations are high, and so are our rewards. We treat our people well – whether it’s through our total compensation package, our community engagement and volunteer opportunities, or our numerous fun social activities.
Pembina is a proud recipient of Canada’s Top 100 Employers (2018 and 2020), Alberta’s Top 75 Employers (2014-2020), and Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2019). We are also a strong supporter of Skills Canada.
To apply for this job please visit careers.pembina.com.