Our client, a major oil and gas producer, is looking for an Optimization Technologist to support their operations near Fort St. John, BC. This position will run on a 14/14 schedule and camp accommodations are available.
Reporting to the Field Operations Superintendent, the OP Tech will be responsible for maximizing existing well production in a collaborative effort with Field Operations team and the Production Delivery team underneath the Operations Support and Optimization group. The focus of this position is to ensure production is maintained and optimized by monitoring well and artificial lift performance and implementing various production enhancement projects.
• Identify base uplift opportunities
• Support technical requests from both field operations and the Production Delivery teams. Discuss with operations to understand if it’s possible to gain support for the identified scope
• Support Artificial lift optimization and troubleshooting in the field: Gas Lift injection, unloading; Plunger installation, tracking, inspection; Rod pump performance evaluation
• Production chemical pump optimization and tracking (Implementation of wax chemical program in Inga/Fireweed/Stoddart)
• Shoot fluid levels as part of troubleshooting and artificial lift wellbore evaluation. Coordinate with engineering to collect fluid level data and manage inputs to fluid level tool.
• Surveillance and analysis to be performed with SCADA Trending, Well Models (SNAP & Prosper), fluid level diagnostics, pressure and temperature gradient surveys, FBHP gauge data, and injection tracer
• Well Testing: Coordinate well testing activities, reviews well test reports for accuracy and loads results into EC & retains records, review well test results against regulatory requirements
• Sampling & Analyses: Reviews analyses and ensures that meters are updated with the latest analyses
• Support, troubleshooting, and maintenance activities on the metering and measurement devices:
– Post commissioning walkdowns of newly installed accounting meters
– Completion of Initial EFM system verification
– Coordinate initial meter calibration/proving according to regulatory guidelines and annual calibrations/proving thereafter
– Review of Calibration reports and meter proving reports to ensure regulatory standards
• Fuel/Flare/Vent (FFV): Logs routine & non-routine flare/vent activities, conduct audits of FFV equipment
• Understand and work with operations to look for Lease Operating Expense savings for the field.
• React in a timely fashion to underperforming wells. In conjunction with the Production Deliver Team and field operations, troubleshoot performance concerns, and generate solutions.
• Prepare wellbore interventions.
• Coordinate well interventions and other completions activities in conjunction with production delivery
• Daily contact with field operations personnel and production delivery to determine areas of concern and implement viable solutions.
• Partner with Production Engineers to solve difficult well related production issues.
• Research and implement both proven and innovative solutions to production challenges (liquid loading, automation, dewax / desalt).
• Manage the safe execution of optimization projects within Montney. Candidate may also be required to plan and organize work with CPC contractors.
• Participate in the plan of the day meetings and field well reviews.
• Perform simplified economic evaluations.
• Assist with providing input to annual budgeting cycle for optimization activities
• Generate ideas to improve systems and processes, and assist with the implementation of new ideas.
• Be a member and support the Unconventional Reservoirs Excellence group, URE.
• Support and comply with the policies, goals, efforts, and programs of he client’s Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Management System.
• Demonstrated safety leadership
• Perform Life Saving Rule verifications and conduct reliability conversations with both the well operators and contractors.
• Acting as an ambassador for the client by interacting with the local communities and its members
• Complying with regulatory and corporate policies and requirements.
• Minimum Technologist diploma or relevant industry experience
• Minimum 5 years of oil and gas industry experience.
• Valid Class 5 Driver’s License (no GDL)
• Proficient with: Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and TEAMS software packages
• Knowledge of field operations
• Good communication skills (verbal and written).
• Ability to maintain good working relationships with team members and Operations personnel.
• Ability to work well within multi-discipline teams in the office and field environments.
• Experience with production and optimization of gas and oil properties.
• Must have a strong commitment to safety and promoting safe work practices.
• Strong planning and organizational skills
• Work effectively across all levels of the organization
• Desire to work in a field based office and proven ability to drive tangible results
• Desire to learn and apply new approaches, tools and techniques
• Willingness to constructively challenge peers and supervisors
• Compression, plunger lift, and gas lift experience an asset
• Demonstrated ability to work multiple assignments concurrently and manage conflicting priorities
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to interact with multiple layers of organizations
Candidate may be subject to pre-employment screening including drug and alcohol testing and criminal background checks. We thank all applicants for their interest in working with Roska DBO Inc. However only those selected, will be contacted for an interview.
Roska DBO Inc. is a customer-focused operations company with a 25+ year’s track record offering expertise in production and equipment solutions on well sites and facilities. Based in Grande Prairie, Alberta, with a network of locations, Roska serves western and northern Canada, plus selected U.S., and international markets, with a primary focus on the Alberta/ B.C. region.
Our Workforce Solutions group works with customers across western Canada to recruit qualified candidates for assignments ranging from emergency callouts to longer term contingent workforce solutions. Our customers rely on us for operational staff, including plant/field operators, turnaround staff, administration and camp support staff.
In addition to fulfilling the contract operating needs of oil and gas producing, midstream and pipeline companies, Roska Designs, Builds and Operates well-site facilities, rents equipment and provides Production Testing and flowback services using a company-owned well testing fleet. When you join the Roska Team, the sky is the limit!
To apply for this job please visit roskadbo.catsone.com.