The Orphan Well Association (OWA) is an independent non-profit organization that operates under the delegated legal authority of the Alberta Energy Regulator (AER). Our purpose is to abandon and reclaim orphan properties in the Alberta oil and gas sector. Orphan properties are wells, pipelines, facilities and associated sites that have been left behind by defunct or insolvent companies and that have been designated as orphans by the AER.
If you are a seasoned Contracts and Supply Chain Specialist with a passion for the work we do and a talent for creating a successful contracts and procurement program, we would like to hear from you!
This position will report to the Corporate Controller of the OWA and will be based in Calgary.
- Prepare, negotiate, and administer contracts with prime contractors/subcontractors – including contracts for professional, decommissioning, surface land, environmental and general services
- Maintain and modify a contract management system that has up to date information and is accessible to internal stakeholders
- Build and manage the entire lifecycle of contracts and maintain procurement documentation
- Ongoing communication with OWA Leadership to ensure all contractors are adhering to contracts and safety requirements
- Represent procurement/supply chain cross-functionally to ensure strategic and operational needs are met
- Facilitate with internal project coordinators to execute Request for Information/Quote/Proposal as required including all communications management, documentation of selection criteria and contracts execution
- Support the implementation, maintenance, and ongoing development of the “Supplier of Choice” program
- Ensure all procurement activities are aligned with the procurement/purchasing strategy
- Consult with OWA legal counsel as required
- Manage and direct OWA Supply Chain communications
- Weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting
- Negotiate favorable terms, volume discounts and long-term contracts with suppliers.
- Communicate the procurement strategy and processes to the internal stakeholders (and external as required)
- 10-15 years of Contracts/Procurement/Supply Chain Management experience
- Post-secondary education in Business with a focus in Contracts and Supply Chain
- Contract management certification is an asset
- SCMP designation or equivalent is an asset
- Hands-on experience with logistics, procurement and contract management in oil and gas industry
- Strong understanding of services procurement processes, and contract deliverables
- Understanding of integrated supply chain and logistics concepts and theories
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills and ability to create solutions to challenges in an expedient manner
- Ability to communicate expectations clearly and to follow up on contract concerns
- Analytical and critical thinker with excellent organizational abilities who is able to set and deliver on priorities
- Ability to identify gaps in processes and to step in to help address them
- Attention to detail, able to manage time wisely, can work with minimal supervision
- Working knowledge of Excel, Outlook, Access and GIS-based software
Please send your cover letter and resume in confidence by June 23, 2021, including “Contracts and Supply Chain Specialist” in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@orphanwell.ca.