The Orphan Well Association (OWA) is an independent non-profit organization that operates under the delegated legal authority of the Alberta Energy Regulator (AER). Our purpose is to abandon and reclaim orphan properties in the Alberta oil and gas sector. Orphan properties are wells, pipelines, facilities and associated sites that have been left behind by defunct or insolvent companies and that have been designated as orphans by the AER.
If you are a seasoned Procurement Specialist with a passion for the work we do and a talent for creating a successful procurement program, we would like to hear from you!
This position will report to the Corporate Controller of the OWA and will be based in Calgary.
Evolution of the supply chain function within the OWA may result in potential for the position to transition to a permanent role.
- Coordinate and administer all business activities to achieve day-to-day supply chain decisions that deliver the best value through the development of strong business relationships and strategic alliances, both internal and external
- Ensure all procurement activities are aligned with the procurement/purchasing strategy
- Negotiate favorable terms, volume discounts and long-term contracts with suppliers
- Provide oversight for the implementation of the Supplier of Choice pilot project, and maintain the program post-pilot to entrench the new policies, processes and internal control structures
- Prioritize requests for materials and services in accordance with OWA needs and priorities, and fulfill requests in accordance with the procurement operational model
- Prepare and administer contracts with prime contractors/subcontractors – including contracts for professional, decommissioning, surface land, environmental and general services
- Create a contract management system that has up to date information and is accessible to internal stakeholders
- Responsible for the implementation, maintenance, and ongoing development of the “Supplier of Choice” program
- Build and manage the entire lifecycle of contracts and maintain procurement documentation
- Communicate the procurement strategy and processes to the internal stakeholders (and external as required)
- Ongoing communication with OWA Leadership to ensure all contractors are adhering to contracts and safety requirements
- Manage supplier performance against schedule of work
- Represent procurement/supply chain cross-functionally to ensure strategic and operational needs are met
- Interact with senior leaders within the organization as necessary to ensure organizational needs are met in a timely and efficient manner
- Weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting
- 10-15 years of Procurement/Supply Chain Management experience
- Post-secondary education in Business with a focus in Supply Chain Management
- SCMP designation or equivalent is preferred
- Contract management certification is an asset
- Hands-on experience with logistics, procurement and contract management in oil and gas industry
- Strong understanding of services procurement processes, and contract deliverables
- Understanding of integrated supply chain and logistics concepts and theories
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills and ability to create solutions to challenges in an expedient manner
- Ability to communicate expectations clearly and to follow up on contract concerns
- Analytical and critical thinker with excellent organizational abilities who is able to set and deliver on priorities
- Ability to identify gaps in processes and to step in to help address them
- Attention to detail, able to manage time wisely, can work with minimal supervision
- Working knowledge of Excel, Outlook, Access and GIS-based software
Please send your cover letter and resume in confidence to HR@orphanwell.ca by November 20, 2020, including “Supply Chain Specialist” in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@orphanwell.ca.