POSITION SUMMARY The primary function of the Picker Truck Operator will be to assist in moving and lifting various materials including client supplied equipment and pumpjack installations and removals. The operator will be required to operate a 8 Ton Picker Truck as well as have a Class 1 license. In addition, the operator could be asked to perform various duties on the ground as needed when not operating the picker truck. SCOPE OF WORK
- Facility & Pipeline Decommissioning
- Integrity digs
- Facility & Wellsite and Pipeline Demolition
- Facility & Wellsite Construction & Maintenance
PROJECT DETAILS • Accommodations Provided (Hotel or Camp) • Typical shift schedule of 17 days on & 4 days off depending on project • Ability to work in the areas of High Level, Rainbow Lake, Zama, Manning, Red Earth, Fort St John • Travel required CORE ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Operate picker trucks to lift, move, position or place equipment and materials
- Perform pre-operational inspection, and calculate crane capacities and weight to prepare for rigging and hoisting
- Perform routine maintenance work such as cleaning and lubrication.
- Inspect loaded truck for accuracy of order, compliance with weight
- Conduct pre-operational checks on equipment and clean, lubricate and refill equipment
- Other various responsibilities may be required
- Valid Journeyman Crane Operator certificate and minimum of two years’ experience required
- Experienced operator in heavy oil and gas industrial projects
- Must successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
- Valid CSTS, WHIMIS
- Valid driver’s license
- Strike orientation provided
Who we are Strike Group is a Canadian company with various locations in Alberta, Saskatchewan, British Columbia, and Manitoba. Strike Group has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2007, and in 2013 was awarded Contractor of the Year by Alberta Venture. At Strike we demonstrate leadership, drive, creativity and initiative and reward people for their commitment, energy, enthusiasm and results. We treat others as we wish to be treated and, most importantly, ensure that every employee goes home safe. Why work for us Strike encourages and supports professional development through education and mentorship. We offer comprehensive benefits, competitive wages, and opportunities for career growth. We support the communities where we live and the Strike team that makes those communities thrive.
To apply for this job please visit www.strikegroup.ca.