Pine Cliff Energy Ltd. (“Pine Cliff” or the “Company”) is a public company actively engaged in the exploration, development and production of natural gas, crude oil and natural gas liquids.
Pine Cliff’s strategy is to provide above average industry rates of return for investors. The Company looks to acquire assets that can be built into core production areas with controlled infrastructure and drilling inventories. The current environment provides natural gas weighted companies with opportunities to make value-adding and potentially counter-cyclical acquisitions and the Company expects that it will continue to act on acquisition opportunities.
Pine Cliff believes that teamwork is the foundation of its success and has established a culture where problem solving skills and a commitment to excellence are highly valued. The various technical disciplines within the Company collaborate to achieve common corporate objectives and systematically improve results.
The Manager of Finance is responsible for all regulatory financial reporting, equity and debt instrument valuations including their respective compliance reporting and will maintain relationships with the independent auditors and other corporate service providers.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports including variance analysis
- Accounting research and the implementation of new accounting standards
- Assist in the compilation, review and filing of quarterly and annual regulatory reporting documents
- Maintain relationships with auditors and prepare consolidation working papers for the external audit
- Provide timely data to management for public dissemination
- Provide supporting data for corporate tax and be responsible for provincial and federal tax compliance
- Supervision of internal controls in compliance with COSO 2013
- Manage the monthly financial close including accruals and provide financial and operating analysis to management
- Conduct fair value analysis for debt and equity instruments
- Work closely with management on special projects
As a key member of the Finance team, you will report directly to the Company’s Chief Financial Officer and have direct contact with the management team. The Finance Manager will communicate directly with the Company’s Controller and other members of the operational accounting staff to receive and deliver operational and financial data.
It is critical that candidates possess the following education, experience, and attributes:
The ideal candidate will have achieved:
- Undergraduate degree with a CPA, CA designation
- Five to ten years of post-designation industry accounting and finance experience
In order to be considered, you must meet the following qualifications and experience:
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office, including Excel and Access
- Complete understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (“IFRS”), with an emphasis on oil and gas accounting policies and procedures
- Financial information systems, including the development and implementation of accounting system work processes and internal controls
- Experience with fair valuation techniques including Black Scholes modelling
- Q-byte experience along with strong systems knowledge
The ideal candidate will:
- Be adept at delivering tasks on time in a high workload environment through efficiency and prioritization
- Be a high energy self-starter and have a results-oriented work style combined with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Always take a precise approach to your work with keen attention to detail
- Have a positive attitude and desire to contribute to a high performing team
- Be proficient at presenting their analysis and reports to management
Please submit your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com expressing your interest in the position and how your experience meets or exceeds the mandatory experience requirements.
Only those applicants being considered will be notified.
To apply for this job email your details to CAREERS@PINECLIFFENERGY.COM.