Requisition Id: 22670
Department: Pipeline Integrity Area
Pembina’s Technical Services Unit (TSU) is currently seeking a Supervisor, Pipeline Integrity. On behalf of Pembina’s Business Units (BUs), TSU manages a comprehensive integrity management program, which includes facility integrity, pipeline integrity, technical services, geotechnical, Project Management Office (PMO) and Safety Security and Emergency Response. The role of the Technical Services Unit (TSU) is to provide technical expertise and consistency across all of Pembina’s Business Units which involves the development and governance of standards, specifications, and procedures. TSU works in conjunction with other Service Units to support the business objectives and operational requirements of the Business Units. As a contributing member, the Supervisor, Pipeline Integrity is responsible for managing the overall integrity of several pipeline systems.
Summary of Responsibilities
Tasks include and not limited to the following:
- Oversee the execution of the pipeline integrity program monitoring and mitigation activities;
- Mentor, direct and provide technical support to the pipeline integrity team;
- Evaluate cost saving opportunities for all integrity related work;
- Maintain monthly KPIs and ensure monthly targets are met;
- Update monthly scorecards on time;
- Provide pipeline integrity program updates to Business Unit stakeholders quarterly, or as required;
- Develop monthly forecasts, annual expense, and capital budgets, and ten-year long range integrity spend plans;
- Review and update Pipeline Integrity documents on a regular basis;
- Summarize pipeline integrity findings and prepare reports to Manager;
- Complete corporate integrity management program and process improvement initiatives;
- Support pipeline incident investigations and follow up with lessons learned;
- Participate in internal and external pipeline integrity audits;
- Evaluate team performance and determine training needs to meet performance objectives; and
- Support an inclusive and diverse work environment.
- Registered professional engineer;
- 10+ years of relevant work experience involving pipeline integrity;
- 5+ years of managerial experience and/or team management;
- Strong technical understanding and experience in risk assessment, monitoring, mitigation strategies, and pipeline integrity threat assessment and management;
- Experience with in-line inspection analysis using MFL, Geometry, IMU, and ultrasonic technologies;
- Experience in pipeline design, operations, and maintenance;
- Solid understanding of pipeline defect assessment, evaluation, and repair;
- In depth working knowledge of industry best practices, codes, standards and regulations in Canada and USA;
- Exceptional influencing skills, aptitude for customer service and demonstrates assertiveness to ensure business requirements are met;
- Demonstrates leadership abilities, self-motivated team player;
- Experience leading a technical team;
- Critical, analytical, and strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Willing to travel throughout Pembina’s pipeline asset locations (approximately 10%); and
- Valid Alberta Class 5 driver’s license.
This position is considered “Safety Sensitive” so will require Pre-Employment Drug & Alcohol Testing. You may also be required to provide a Driver’s Abstract.
Pembina Pipeline Corporation is committed to diversity, equal opportunity and ensuring that our employees have the ability to thrive in an inclusive environment. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous status, national origin, age, disability or any other legally-protected factors. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request during the recruitment process.
For more than 65 years, Pembina has safely and reliably served North America’s energy industry, delivering oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids production to North American markets.
Powering Pembina’s growth are our smart, creative and energetic people who allow us to remain a disciplined and responsible energy transportation and service provider and a trusted member in our communities.
Our expectations are high and our rewards reflect this: We treat our people well – whether it’s through our compensation package, community engagement and volunteer opportunities, or our numerous social activities.
Pembina provides everything you could want in an employer. We are a proud recipient of Canada’s Top 100 Employers (2018-2021), Alberta’s Top Employers (2014-2021), Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2019), and an Employer Partner of the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion. We are also a strong supporter of Skills Canada.
To apply for this job please visit careers.pembina.com.