Reporting to the Manager, Liquids Pipelines Scheduling, the Scheduler is responsible for the day-to-day planning, scheduling and authorizing of the daily movement of product on the pipeline system to ensure contractual transportation commitments are met, pipeline operations are efficient, product quality is maintained and the capacity for transportation service is maximized. The Pipeline Scheduler serves as first contact with shippers and connecting facilities to resolve problems and issues within contractual obligations, regulations, tariffs and company policy.
* This position will provide on-call (including weekend) support for the Oil Control Centre and customers on a rotating basis.
- Knowledge of tariffs, shipper contracts and regulatory obligations;
- Processing nominations and allocating capacity;
- Building and coordinating oil movement schedules to maintain ratability, crude quality and efficient, safe and optimal operations;
- Assessing, evaluating and responding to customer requests and operational changes;
- Optimizing system capacity through knowledge of system status, customer requirements and market conditions;
- Monitoring and managing shipper positions and system inventories;
- Maintaining communication with and providing daily instruction to Oil Control Centre;
- Preparing reports for internal groups;
- Developing and maintaining professional and courteous relationships with shippers and other pipeline and terminal companies as well as internal operating and business groups;
- Developing and enhancing procedures and systems to support TransCanada’s growing oil transportation business;
- Maintaining knowledge of Oil Scheduling department’s role in TransCanada’s Emergency Response program through annual training and participation in exercises.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service;
- Ability to work well as part of a high functioning team in a dynamic and fast paced environment;
- Effective change management skills. A highly adaptable and flexible individual is required for this position;
- Ability to use judgment and critical thinking skills when faced with ambiguous situations;
- Proven ability to perform effectively under tight deadlines and changing priorities;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to create effective solutions;
- High proficiency with analytical tools, particularly spreadsheets and application software.
Education and Experience
- Minimum 4 years relevant related experience;
- Completion of a technical program from a recognized post-secondary institution;
- Experience in oil pipelines and/or terminal scheduling is an asset.
*Depending on the qualifications of the applicants, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
All positions require background screening. Some include criminal and/or credit checks in order to comply with regulations.
Please apply to this posting by 12/17/2018. To apply, please visit transcanada.com/careers through your desktop or laptop. Use reference code 56751. Only applications submitted through the TransCanada Careers website will be acknowledged.
TransCanada is an equal opportunity employer.
Make what you do matter.
At TransCanada we dream big, think big and do big things. For over 65 years, we’ve had the vision and scale to deliver big things that matter to the world. From supplying reliable and efficient energy to millions of North Americans with our pipelines, gas storage and power generation facilities, we believe in making big things possible.
TransCanada is looking for people who are willing to think about the future…and think big. We’re looking for people who are ready to take on the most significant challenges of their careers and define energy infrastructure in North America.
Thank you for choosing TransCanada in your career search.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://jobs.transcanada.com/job/Calgary-Pipeline-Scheduler-AB/524039500/?feedId=null&utm_source=J2WRSS&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=J2W_RSS →