Requisition Id: 25149
Department: FSJ South Function
Pembina’s Conventional Business Unit is currently seeking a Pipeliner to be based out of the Fort St John office.
Pembina’s conventional pipeline assets comprise a strategically located network of pipelines and related infrastructure including various hubs and terminals. This network transports crude oil, condensate and NGL across much of Alberta and parts of British Columbia, Saskatchewan, and North Dakota.
Summary of Responsibilities
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Assist operations with the installation, inspection, and record all pipeline crossings to ensure safe and efficient installations of all pipelines;
- Support the running of inspection tools, integrity dig programs, and line purges;
- Monitor cathodic and geotechnical issues on pipeline;
- Supervise contractors during brushing and vegetation control operations on company right of ways to ensure safe and adequate completion of procedures;
- Participate in helicopter/fixed wing line patrols;
- Have a demonstrated aptitude in effectively processing One-Calls (British Columbia and Alberta systems), witnessing and supervising pipeline crossings, land concerns and issues;
- Maintain our positive company image by visiting landowners to ensure concerns with Pembina Pipeline Corporation facilities are handled effectively;
- Candidate will be required to work away from home for short periods as required;
- Check all pipeline crossing request applications;
- Perform various assignments related to health, safety and the environment in compliance with company standards; and
- Participate and support an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workplace.
- A High School Diploma or equivalent;
- 5 + years’ experience in pipeline/oilfield operations or construction;
- Various trades such as Millwright, Pipefitter, Welder or experience in pipeline construction will be considered an asset;
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications;
- Flexible and adaptive nature to complete multiple and competing priorities;
- Effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication and trouble shooting skills;
- A valid Class 5 Driver’s License;
- Safety Courses: TDG, H2S Alive, First Aid would be an asset, but will be provided to the successful candidate if incomplete; and
- Ability to take on responsibilities that are demanding and physical in nature.
This position is considered “Safety Sensitive” so will require Pre-Employment Drug & Alcohol Testing. You may also be required to provide a Driver’s Abstract.
The successful candidate must live within 100 km of Fort St. John, BC, with preference to the outlying area.
We offer competitive compensation; including base plus incentive bonus, pension & savings plans, health benefits, employee development programs to support personal development and career progression and, a hybrid work arrangement, in an environment that is equitable, diverse, and inclusive.
Final candidate will be required to undergo a background check; including a criminal record check.
No agency calls please.
Pembina Pipeline Corporation is committed to diversity, equal opportunity and ensuring that our employees have the ability to thrive in an inclusive environment. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous status, national origin, age, disability or any other legally-protected factors. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request during the recruitment process.
For more than 65 years, Pembina has safely and reliably served North America’s energy industry, delivering oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids production to North American markets.
Powering Pembina’s growth are our smart, creative and energetic people who allow us to remain a disciplined and responsible energy transportation and service provider and a trusted member in our communities.
Our expectations are high and our rewards reflect this: We treat our people well – whether it’s through our compensation package, community engagement or volunteer opportunities.
Pembina provides everything you could want in an employer. We are a proud recipient of Canada’s Top 100 Employers (2018-2022), Alberta’s Top Employers (2014-2022) and an Employer Partner of the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion. We are also a strong supporter of Skills Canada.
To apply for this job please visit careers.pembina.com.