At ARC, we are in the business of producing some of the world’s most sustainable and ethical oil and gas resources.
People join ARC to be part of something truly unique: a Canadian-owned and -operated energy company with a reputation for doing what is right. Since our inception more than 20 years ago, we have been leaders in responsible development. At ARC, we create value for our shareholders while fostering a culture where respect for the individual is paramount, and action and passion are rewarded. By employing top talent and relentlessly striving for excellence, we have earned our place as a leading Canadian energy company.
Our Field Operations team is currently seeking a candidate for the position of Plant Operator in the liquids-rich Kakwa region located in northwest Alberta. The wells and facilities are located approximately 100 kilometers south of Grande Prairie, Alberta along Highway 40 consisting of five main gas plants across the Montney. Reporting to the Field Foreman, You will provide direct guidance and support to operating staff and contractors to consistently meet or exceed expectations in the following areas: health and safety, production, operating costs, corporate values, environment, training, regulatory, and emergency response while in care and control of the field. You will be responsible to provide operational support to the Asset, including monitoring and troubleshooting the safe operation of the wells, gathering systems, and compressor stations.
- Monitor the plant for any issues and make changes as necessary to accommodate fluctuations in input rates.
- Work cross functionally with the construction and maintenance teams to make any changes in the plant.
- Monitor SCADA for any changes
- Record and report on flaring, shutdowns, reboiler swaps, heat changes, and other production reporting as required.
- Responsible for the safe operation and routine maintenance of high-pressure gas wells, and gathering systems including pipeline routine pigging operations.
- Responsible for isolation and permitting activities in a large industrial setting.
- Must meet the requirements of WHMIS, ABSA, and ASME codes as required.
- Must follow and apply the site’s safe work procedures.
- Must be prepared to respond to an emergency and follow the site’s emergency response plan.
- The ideal candidate will hold a minimum of a 4th Class Power Engineering Certificate with experience in upstream oil and gas
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a high-pressure gas processing field
- Experience with dehydration equipment, transfer pumps, plunger lifts, compression etc., and a good understanding of gas and liquid processes.
- Ability to operate UTV, and Snowmobile.
- Current certification in H2S alive, First Aid, WHIMIS, TDG is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to process changes and modifications.
- Demonstrated computer literacy and knowledge of automated operations systems.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Team player mentality and able to work well with others in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work overtime and respond off hours as part of an “On Call” rotation.
Closing Date: May 16, 2021
Interested applicants are invited to apply via ARC’s website at http://www.arcresources.com/careers/career-opportunities/
We thank you for your interest in ARC Resources Ltd. however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit arcresources.hgcareers.com.