Requisition Id: 24870
Department: ROF Process & Cavern Engineering Area
Pembina Pipeline Corporation’s Redwater plant is recruiting for an ROF/Cavern Engineer to join their team. This position reports to the Supervisor, Redwater Olefin Fractionation in the NGL Business Unit. This business unit is currently expanding its NGL fractionation and processing facilities, hydrocarbon salt cavern storage facilities, and terminal facilities. The ROF/Cavern Engineer will be responsible for providing field engineering support for the NGL processing facilities located at Redwater.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Provide support to Operations and Maintenance helping to improve efficiency, integrity, reliability, and resolving various daily trouble shooting issues;
- Assess process conditions and make recommendations to operations on how to control/improve/optimize the process as well as cavern operations/performance;
- Track and trend the wet chemistry of the plant and suggest process improvements;
- Assist in and support the application of engineering specifications, industry and regulatory codes, standards and practices at the site;
- Assemble teams and coordinating resources to accomplish project objectives which may include design consultants, controls and programming support, engineering firms, Operation and Maintenance staff, and/or specialists and consultants;
- Scope, design, estimate, schedule and execute both sustaining capital and operating expense projects following the management of change process and corporate standards /policies / practices;
- Help to write programs, procure and oversee wireline, coil tubing or rig work, and assisting in program writing for cavern well workovers and mechanical integrity tests;
- Participate and execute risk assessments as part of the management of change process;
- Complete and stamp PSV packages for the safe maintenance of PSV’s;
- Ensure compliance with regulatory compliance for wellsite regulations and standards;
- Interface with regulators, vendors, service provider and consultants; and
- Support an inclusive and diverse workplace.
- Candidates to possess a Bachelor of Science in Chemical, Petroleum or Geological Engineering with a Professional Engineering designation from APEGA;
- Minimum of 8 years of experience as an operations or production engineer for facilities;
- Oil and gas industry and petrochemical experience will be an asset;.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, excellent communication and teamwork skills;
- Strong background in process controls and risk analysis;
- Experience in sulfur removal such as amine, Merox and LoCat processes will be an asset;
- Experience with fractionation towers and heat pump operations will be an asset;
- Experience with Olefinic hydrocarbons and Hydrotreating applications is benefit; and
- Experience with SAP, Aspentech Hysys will be an asset.
This position is considered “Safety Sensitive” so will require Pre-Employment Drug & Alcohol Testing. You may also be required to provide a Driver’s Abstract.
The successful candidate must live within 100 km of Redwater, Alberta.
We offer competitive compensation; including base plus incentive bonus, pension & savings plans, health benefits, employee development programs to support personal development and career progression and, a hybrid work arrangement, in an environment that is equitable, diverse, and inclusive.
Final candidate may be required to undergo a background check; including a criminal record check.
To apply, you must submit a resume through Career Connections on the Pipeline using your Pembina email address. This will identify you as an internal candidate. After finishing the application process, you will receive an auto generated email letting you know that your resume was received. This position will be open until: June 30, 2022.
Please Note: Only those invited for an interview will be contacted by the Talent Acquisition Team. Candidates selected for an interview are required to inform their Leader prior to the interview.
Talent Acquisition Advisor: Sabina Souliere
Posted: Internally and Externally
Pembina Pipeline Corporation is committed to diversity, equal opportunity and ensuring that our employees have the ability to thrive in an inclusive environment. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous status, national origin, age, disability or any other legally-protected factors. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request during the recruitment process.
For more than 65 years, Pembina has safely and reliably served North America’s energy industry, delivering oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids production to North American markets.
Powering Pembina’s growth are our smart, creative and energetic people who allow us to remain a disciplined and responsible energy transportation and service provider and a trusted member in our communities.
Our expectations are high and our rewards reflect this: We treat our people well – whether it’s through our compensation package, community engagement or volunteer opportunities.
Pembina provides everything you could want in an employer. We are a proud recipient of Canada’s Top 100 Employers (2018-2022), Alberta’s Top Employers (2014-2022) and an Employer Partner of the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion. We are also a strong supporter of Skills Canada.
To apply for this job please visit careers.pembina.com.