Prairie Provident Resources
Field Contract Operator – EVI Area
Prairie Provident Resources Inc. (“PPR” or the “Company”) is a Calgary-based public company (TSX:PPR) engaged in the exploration and development of oil and natural gas with conventional operations primarily focused in the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin in Alberta.
The Camp-based Field Contract Operator is responsible for all aspects of monitoring the daily operation of the oil and gas wells, gas compressors and related equipment in the EVI field operations. This includes coordinating communications between field operations, production accounting, HSE & regulatory groups, through proactive discussions with all groups.
• Responsibility to work in a manner that reflects the safety standards of the Company and industry best practices;
• Monitor equipment functioning, observe temperature, level, and flow gauges, and perform regular unit checks, in order to ensure that all equipment is operating as it properly;
• Read charts, record gauge readings, and forward to the field office;
• Monitor accuracy of production from producing wells and facilities associated oil and gas sales volumes;
• Clean, maintain and repair equipment;
• Monitor, assist, coordinate and supervise contractors working on site; and
• Communicate with all field staff regarding production, HSE and regulatory matters.
• High School or equivalent;
• Petroleum Oil and Gas Technologist Certification would be an asset but not required;
• 5 years of related operations experience working in an oil and gas production facility required;
• Knowledge of related machines and tools, chemical compositions and processes, engineering and production processes and mathematics;
• Current safety training certificates including WHMIS, TDG, First Aid and H2S Alive;
• Knowledge with the following software applications: Production Manager, Geoscout, Microsoft Office, Open Invoice;
• Listens effectively and expresses ideas, both verbally and non-verbally to achieve understanding. Expresses ideas in writing in a clear, concise and organized manner for a variety of audiences;
• Interacts sensitively, respectfully and in a non-judgmental manner to develop and maintain co-operative relationships. Facilitates team effectiveness by participating actively and in ways that respect the needs and contributions of others. Brings conflict and dissent into the open at the earliest opportunity to arrive at constructive solutions while maintaining positive relationships; and
• Diligent, hard-working, analytical, organized and conscientious.
Interested candidates should forward a resume to: Info@ppr.ca
Prairie Provident Resources Inc.
1100, 640 5th Ave SW
Calgary, Alberta T2P 3G4
Attention: Valerie Nessman, Human Resources Manager
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.