- Ensure an overriding commitment to health, safety, environmental responsibility, and sustainable development, including development of initiatives to improve the HSEC profile of the project.
- Provide leadership for Electrical / I&C in respect to safe systems of work.
- Ensure conformance with the Charter, the Group Level Documents, Code of Conduct and relevant statutory obligations.
- Recommends and incorporates any changes required to identify safety or risk improvements, capital efficiency, or productivity improvements.
- Implements Electrical Engineering strategy, plans, processes, and systems for the project.
- Represent the company’s interest and vision during the development of the Jansen Stage 1 engineering.
- Participate in the Prevention through Design, Strategic Procurement, and data-centric design programs.
- Ensure project designs are aligned with project objectives and developed on time and budget.
- Provide engineering contractor supervision (including field support) and technical assurance for electrical designs (High and Low Voltage) of Jansen Stage 1, with a focus on Shaft, hoist, and Underground areas.
- Accountable to lead the development of cost effective, operable, maintainable and supportable electrical solutions that address business problems and integrate with existing and future business systems
- Accountable to work with engineering contractors for the development and improvement of electrical standards
- Work with stakeholders to ensure a multidisciplinary integrated design according to best practices and high safety standards.
- Oversee practices ensuring compliance with requirements of mines safety acts and/or regulations for Canada/Saskatchewan and other jurisdictions, as required.
- Support Risk identification, evaluation, and controls implementation process.
- Participate in technical documentation formal review and approval process.
- Identify gaps and support optimizing Electrical team strategy/plans.
- Develop internal competence, subject matter experts, and technical expertise.
- Assist in the governance and assurance of all EPCM development work.
To apply for this job please visit www.brunel.net.