Pembina is seeking a Process Engineer to join the Facilities Engineering & Construction Unit, as part of the Development Team in a technical discipline capacity.
As part of the Facilities Division for Pembina, the Unit provides Engineering, Project Development, Project Execution, and other Project Services in support of the following Business Units:
• GBU – Gas Services Business Unit;
• NBU – NGL Services Business Unit;
• PGI – Pembina Gas Infrastructure; and
• VBU – New Ventures Business Unit.
Reporting to the Manager, Project Development, this individual will be providing technical support for growth opportunities across Pembina’s associated facilities and projects.
Summary of Responsibilities
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Part of interdisciplinary team working on Facilities Projects from Operation Engineering support up to Multi-Billion Dollar Mega Projects;
- The role is focused on the development and technical process support of projects from Ideation through Start-up;
- Provide technical process engineering direction to support the development of Brownfield and Greenfield projects;
- Apply technical and problem-solving capabilities to support business growth opportunities;
- Execute and plan projects with safety in mind and support efforts to ensure reliable operation of the facility systems;
- Review engineering documents prepared by EPC consultants, contractors, and suppliers;
- Actively participate in the engineering design including, but not limited to, design reviews and Process Hazard Assessments (HAZID / What-If, HAZOP, LOPA);
- Create or manage the scoping documents, project plans, drawings, RFP, RFI, equipment specification, technical narratives, simulations, operating setpoint recommendations, product composition calculations etc.;
- Develop process simulations to support cost estimates for conceptual designs;
- Assist facility operations teams to troubleshoot process issues at operating facilities;
- Interface collaboratively with the Project Team, Operations, Service Groups, Peers, and other stakeholders to enhance continuity of effort and execution effectiveness;
- Effective management of time-sensitive deadlines and priorities; and
- Participate and support an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workplace.
- Bachelor degree in chemical engineering, and P.Eng with APEGA is required;
- At least 10 years experience in midstream gas processing, NGL fractionation or refining;
- Demonstrated knowledge of safe work practices and protocols applied in the industry;
- Ability to multitask, meet aggressive project deadlines and perform under pressure;
- Ability to understand and simplify complex designs, issues or concepts and explain and develop solutions;
- Strong knowledge of engineering principles related to the facility design and construction and be knowledgeable in applicable codes, specifications, standards and regulations governing the industry;
- Proficiency with Aspen HYSYS, experience with BRE ProMax would be considered an asset;
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with field operations staff to develop and implement solutions;
- Must possess good communication and problem-solving skills, ability to articulate ideas, be detail oriented, and be comfortable dealing with associates at all levels within the organization;
- Strong problem solving, organizational, report writing and verbal communication skills along with presentation capabilities;
- Driven, results-oriented individual who naturally takes responsibility for setting the standard and achieving results;
- Self-directed and capable of working within a continuously changing environment;
- Able to work effectively in a team environment;
- Instills confidence and creates strong relationships quickly;
- Creative and accepting of new challenges; and
- Alignment with Pembina’s values:
- Safe: We care for each other.
- Trustworthy: We have each other’s backs.
- Respectful: We seek to be gracious and kind.
- Collaborative: We are great together; and
- Entrepreneurial: We create to succeed.
This position is considered “Safety Sensitive” so will require Pre-Employment Drug & Alcohol Testing. You may also be required to provide a Driver’s Abstract.
The successful candidate must live within 100 km of Calgary.
We offer competitive compensation; including base plus incentive bonus, pension & savings plans, health benefits, employee development programs to support personal development and career progression and, a hybrid work arrangement, in an environment that is equitable, diverse, and inclusive.
To apply for this job please visit careers.pembina.com.