- Establish and maintain effective interfaces between Procurement, internal customers, and vendors
- Work with internal customers to identify and prioritize improvement opportunities
- Participate and/or lead activities of cross-functional sourcing teams to execute agreed upon procurement strategies
- Develop and implement Procurement strategies for their assigned projects and commodities
- Develop and apply innovative solutions to meet supply requirements
- Develop supplier selection criteria and qualify suppliers against them using established processes, including third-party contractor qualification process where appropriate
- Manage assigned commodities and respective supplier relationships, including performance measures, processes, and results
- Initiate and participate in interactions with suppliers and end users to build and enhance relationships.
- Lead strategic/complex negotiations
- Facilitate execution of master agreements
- Apply advanced purchasing and negotiating tools and processes and coach others in their use
- Apply the non-conformance process and work with suppliers to resolve non-conformances
- Coach and mentor team members on policies and best practices that support Procurement’s strategic direction
- Provide back-up support to other buyers when needed
To apply for this job please visit www.brunel.net.