Reference Code: 82142
Location: Canada (CA) – Calgary, AB
Job Category: Information Technology/Systems
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is not eligible for our relocation program
Application Deadline: 06/22/2021
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
The energy industry is primed for digital disruption, and we’re excited about the opportunities ahead. We are leading the digital transformation journey by unlocking creativity and innovation in new ways, every day. If you’re ready to challenge the status quo to deliver outstanding business results that propel us into the future, we want you to join our team! Our Information Services team is evolving to play a major role in leading innovation in our industry and to meet the needs of our growing business. This role will be based in our Calgary, AB head office location.
We are seeking a highly innovative architect whom has experience in modern technologies such as cloud, machine learning, IoT, and composable solutions. They will be accountable to translate business strategy into solutions architecture, lead solution design and analysis, orchestrate solution delivery and facilitate and collaborate with other Product Line members to deliver business outcomes.
You will ensure the technology decisions are in compliance with TC architectural guidelines, finding a balance between new innovation, maximum security, delivery velocity and legacy solution, to ensure the best alignment to our desired business outcomes.
You will be focused on both ensuring delivery today as well as planning years ahead for technology roadmaps to manage the changes that have significant business value and impact.
What you’ll do
- Interfaces with business partners to understand business value, to ensure alignment to technology strategies and solutions
- Develops Product Team Release and Technical Roadmaps
- Solution design: Work with Portfolio Architect, Business Analysts and Business customers to deliver an all-encompassing solution, from architecture to user experience (meeting outcomes and value requirements)
- Provides direction to Product Line Delivery Team on the technology to be used, data flow, security, cost estimation etc. Ensures that the approach is aligned with enterprise direction to avoid duplication and silos
- Facilitates collaboration between Product Line and Operational teams to resolve Application Operations Escalations & Blockers
- Aligns solutions along current architectural guidelines; challenges existing guidelines when better solutions exist
- Collaborates with peers to align efforts across organizational boundaries where similar capabilities exist
- Ensures compliance with regulatory and cyber security requirements
- Provides assistance with operational, business continuity and disaster recovery planning
- Other tasks as required
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Engineering or a related discipline from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Six or more years of solution design and architecture experience
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience architecting cloud native solutions
- Experience creating reference and transition architectures
- Ability to communicate different architecture viewpoints to a to variety of audiences
- Ability to work with the different stakeholders to build various products roadmaps
- Solid understanding of IT applications, integrations (including ETL scripts), workflow engines (e.g. K2, Microsoft Power Apps) and Data Lake technologies
- Ability to assess both vendor and custom-built solutions
- Excellent relationship building skills with multiple diverse stakeholders
- Ability and passion to lead
- Previous experience in the energy industry is considered a strong asset
- Previous experience with AI/ML/Data Science/Advanced Analytics projects and solutions
- Previous experience with GIS systems
- AWS Solution Architect Associate certification
- Experience with networking and cybersecurity
- Proven ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with clients, support staff, vendors, and service providers
- Demonstrated ability to design and oversee the implementation of complex systems
- Excellent organizational and planning skills and have the ability to manage contesting priorities under tight deadlines
- Have a strong personal initiative, ability to deliver high quality results, and desire for continuous improvement
- Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally through strong presentation, facilitation and influencing capabilities
About Information Services
We’re driven by the relentless delivery of bottom-line benefits, utilizing talented people, nimble process and the right technology. We’re focused on outcome-based innovation and committed to be an idea factory with our business partners. We define success as the delivery of impactful, innovative solutions, not the deployment of technology.
Apply to this posting by 06/22/2021 using reference code 82142. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or a desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* TC Energy is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tcenergy.com.