- Responsible for ideation, development, and execution of new plant-based food products, from concept to commercialization.
- Works hands-on & closely with members of the company‘s team at the R&D innovation center to prepare samples.
- Conduct thorough research on emerging food trends, ingredients, and culinary techniques to inform product innovation.
- Stay up to date with industry developments and competitor products, identifying opportunities for differentiation.
- Assists in the sourcing of new ingredients.
- Benchmarking ingredients/products against competitors.
- Collaborate closely with the marketing, and operations teams to ensure seamless product development processes.
- Prepares customer samples and work closely with clients and suppliers related to samples and queries including packaging, labelling and documentation.
- Samples presentation to customers as required.
- Hands-on creation of prototypes and recipes, meticulously refining flavors, and textures to achieve superior taste and quality achieving the required texture, taste, and nutritional profiles while maintaining ingredient functionality of the formulation within processing parameters.
- Product specification development and validation of final product formulations. Generate nutritional profiles, and ingredient declarations using Genesis software.
- Evaluate processes, ingredients, and product prototypes while meticulously following established protocols.
- Develops processing instructions as per developed product prototypes and support the operational implementation and commercialization.
- Documents formulas, process parameters and results and maintains accurate records.
- Conduct sensory evaluations and gather feedback of formulation in development, R&D samples, and raw materials and to continuously improve products.
- Adhere to regulatory guidelines and ensure that products meet all relevant food safety and quality standards.
- Adheres to applicable SOPs and established protocols for product development, sensory, shelf-life testing, and others.
- Responsible for R&D sample logging, materials inventory, and stock management.
- Operates, calibrates, and maintains R&D laboratory equipment and cleanliness.
- Responsible for maintaining calibration records of all lab instrumentation as required.
- Responsible for maintaining R&D Lab in clean and good working conditions.
- Assists with the training of R&D technicians and ensures food safety protocols are adhered to.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned by your supervisors.
To apply for this job please visit www.brunel.net.