- Act as chief liaison with stakeholders on product issues for the Mining business and effectively manage stakeholder expectations.
- Customer engagement such as management and involvement in customer user forums and conferences.
- Creation of business cases for major product enhancements and new product development to present to the product steering committee for a go / no go decision on product development.
- Collaborate with the mining sales organization, development teams and customers to establish and priorities product feature sets.
- Establish, nurture and communicate the vision and roadmap for mining products based on input from key stakeholders within the Mining business unit and external customers.
- In conjunction with operations, manage the timing and content of software releases in order to maximize business value.
- Develop and track metrics of product performance to allow objective measures of a product to be used in supporting further developments / business cases.
- Develop succinct, clear and unambiguous requirements for Product Management.
- Perform market, competitive, and customer research to understand customer needs, opportunities, and similar product offerings in the market and their advantages and disadvantages.
- Manage key external partner relationships critical to the product strategy and success.
- Keep up to date with existing and planned product offerings and changes in the market that may affect current products and future opportunities in order to position current and future products.
- Engage with all relevant stakeholders to ensure products developed are consistent with overall solution / strategic direction.
- Management of the continuous product improvement and the development of the Mining group’s product portfolio.
- Provide project status updates to the Product Steering Committee.
- Management of selected internal and outsourced projects.
- Compliance with Workplace Health and Safety policies and procedures, participation in audits and compliance with instructions given in respect to the health and safety of himself / herself and the safety of others.
- Other duties as required from time to time.
To apply for this job please visit www.brunel.net.