Why work at AltaGas?
We’re a leading energy infrastructure company with a footprint in some of North America’s most strategic energy markets. Our strategy is simple: to leverage the strength of our assets and expertise along the energy value chain to connect customers with premier energy solutions – from the well sites of upstream producers to the doorsteps of homes and businesses, and to new markets around the world.
To make this happen, we have a talented team of people who are safely and reliably operating our assets in every corner of North America. We’re incredibly proud of our team and their commitment to act with integrity, strive for operational excellence, and go the extra mile for our customers and the communities we serve. Learn more about our team, vision and strategy.
How do you fit in?
Reporting to the Manager, Production Accounting, you will be joining a team that ensures accurate and timely allocations of gas and products; volumetric and regulatory reporting; and ensuring invoicing is correct for services provided.
What you’ll be doing:
- Accurate and timely allocation of gas and products on assigned property (daily, monthly)
- Preparation of gas splits and liquids to pipelines
- Volumetric and regulatory reporting to appropriate agencies
- Analysis of property; looking at metering differences, shrinkage, gas analysis & liquids recoveries
- Invoicing customers for services provided
- Increasing contractual understanding of assigned properties
- Ability to balance multiple competing tasks
- Comfortable working from home
What you must have:
- 1-3 years in Production Accounting
- Canadian Association of Petroleum Production Accounting (CAPPA) Certification
- Accounting Diploma or higher
- Understanding of Production Accounting, especially in plant allocations, liquids handling
- Knowledge of Petrinex reporting and EPAP requirements
- Quorum – TIPS application knowledge an asset
- Use of Microsoft Office 365 with good application skills especially in Excel, TEAMS
- Affinity for using various applications with minimal instruction (Petrotranz, JDE FFVM, Power BI)
Where you’ll be working:
This position will be located in our Head Office in downtown Calgary, AB. To learn more about our organization please visit AltaGas 101.
Ready to join our team?
If you’d like to be part of a company that invests in its people, always creates opportunities to help them grow and fosters an environment where everyone feels welcome, AltaGas is the place for you!
To apply, submit your resume in confidence to our Human Resources team by clicking on the button below or visiting www.altagas.ca/careers .
AltaGas hires personnel on the basis of job-related qualifications. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to a person’s ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We appreciate your interest in working with us, but only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. At this time, we are not accepting agency referrals or telephone inquiries.
To apply for this job please visit tre.tbe.taleo.net.