The Production, Revenue, Royalty Accountant is an integral member of both the finance department and the respective asset team, and will be accountable for the full cycle production, revenue and royalty accounting for the Simonette facility and wells.
The accountabilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with Operations, Production, Regulatory, Measurement to review, understand, and address any impacts of relevant physical or regulatory changes and reporting configurations
- Maintain strong working relationship with Marketing to ensure proper accounting for commodity transactions and transportation agreements
- Maintain property setup in the Production Accounting (PAS) system and new well setups as required
- Ensure data validation for all volumetric data and source system data – i.e. SCADA volumes, analysis, FFV, truck tickets, 3rd party data sources, etc.
- Complete and ensure all monthly functions have been addressed (Allocations/Splits/Facility Charges/Revenue, etc.)
- Ensure all government reporting and Petrinex reporting requirements have been adhered to, including monthly Compliance Assessment Indicators (PAD reporting) and participate in annual EPAP reviews
- Perform monthly reconciliations/assess results
- Respond to queries – e.g. 3rd party custom users queries, government queries, audit queries, etc.
- Ensure Monthly accruals are completed on time and accurately for Revenue and Royalties
- Provide strong support and involvement in the annual external financial audit process,
- Contribute to the continual improvement of the Finance team by proactively identifying and sharing process improvement opportunities
- Display strong understanding of, and proven track record in applying, key components of Directive 17
- Working expertise with Petrinex, including meeting all requirements for submitting and extracting information
- Undergraduate business degree with an accounting focus
- CAPPA certification required
- 7+ years of gas plant production accounting experience
- Strong working knowledge of Alberta Regulatory Reporting and Royalty requirements
- Experience with PAD reporting and addressing/resolving issues
- Understanding of the EPAP process and themes and proven track record of successfully addressing the Production Accounting related themes
- Experience with SAP is an asset
- Adopt and demonstrate PetroChina Canada Values (Honorable, Unified, Passionate, Accountable)
To apply for this job please visit petrochinacanada.startdate.ca.