PRODUCTION TECHNICIAN – BLYTHE, CA, USA
Why work at AltaGas?
We’re a leading energy infrastructure company with a footprint in some of North America’s most strategic energy markets. Our strategy is simple: to leverage the strength of our assets and expertise along the energy value chain to connect customers with premier energy solutions – from the well sites of upstream producers to the doorsteps of homes and businesses, and to new markets around the world.
To make this happen, we have a talented team of people who are safely and reliably operating our assets in every corner of North America. We’re incredibly proud of our team and their commitment to act with integrity, strive for operational excellence, and go the extra mile for our customers and the communities we serve. Learn more about our team, vision and strategy.
How do you fit in?
AltaGas Blythe Operations Inc. is a 520 MW Natural gas fired Combined Cycle Power Generating Station located in Blythe, California. This is a union position in the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local 47. Reporting directly to the Production Technician Leader, the Production Technician is responsible for all phases of plant operations. This position requires an individual with exceptional interpersonal skills who is comfortable working a rotating shift schedule.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Preserves the facility’s operational excellence through effective prioritization of operation which promote a high level of equipment reliability
- Ensures all AltaGas’ compliance, environment, and safety policies and practices are implemented and adhered to
- Follows defined processes and procedures to ensure the plant is operating safely and efficiently
- Performs all actions related to the operations of the plant
- Performs routine inspections of watch
- Performs equipment troubleshooting
- Tests equipment in order to assure productivity and performance
- Acts as a team player by assisting in ad hoc work, both in operations and maintenance, as it arises
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned
- It is expected that outside of fixed or built in overtime, that each employee could be requested to work overtime in the range of an additional 10 – 15% of their regular hours on an annual basis.
What you must have:
- Qualified candidates must have electrical, mechanical or I&C skills
- High School/ GED required
- 2-4 years relevant experience required
All Production Technicians within the first 6 months of service must complete the OT~I (Outside Operator Training)
Applicants with more advanced qualifications are welcome to apply. The successful candidate maybe hired at a more senior level depending on their education and experience background.
Ready to join our team?
If you’d like to be part of a company that invests in its people, always creates opportunities to help them grow and fosters an environment where everyone feels welcome, AltaGas is the place for you!
To apply, submit your resume in confidence to our Human Resources team by clicking on the button below or visiting www.altagas.ca/careers . AltaGas Blythe Operations Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All applicants are offered an equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
We appreciate your interest in working with us, but only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. At this time, we are not accepting agency referrals or telephone inquiries.
To apply for this job please visit tre.tbe.taleo.net.