Vertex is currently accepting applications for a part-time Project Administrator in Calgary, Alberta. The successful candidate must have relevant accounting and administration experience with a demonstrated eye for detail. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in the oilfield engineering services / service company sector. Reporting to the Controller, the Project Administrator is directly responsible for providing administrative and accounting support including, accounts receivable and collections, ensuring accurate invoicing, data processing, ERP Project set-up and billing term set-up, tracking rate schedules and other duties as required.
- Diploma or higher education related to accounting, business or related field
- Good understanding in: Oil & Gas, third party billing and coding, setup and maintenance of client/vendor files
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office with demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong time management, organizational and team skills
- Strong multi-tasking skills with an ability to prioritize work and effectively meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with ADP and Cortex desirable but not necessary
- Deltek Vision Accounting software experience is an asset
- Processing of full cycle accounts receivable/accounts payable
- Independent reparation of draft invoices for approval and sign off
- Communication with project managers
- Receiving and sorting incoming payments
- Managing the status of accounts and balances in a timely manner
- Communicating with clients to ensure outstanding balances are acknowledged
- Management and resolution of delinquent accounts receivable
- Ensuring data is available and appropriately maintained
- Preparing project focused reports as requested
- Follow up with clients on outstanding invoices and responding to third party invoice inquiries
- Data entry into multiple accounting databases
- Providing accounts receivable support for operational and financial projects
- Assisting with filing functions as required
- Other duties relating to the day to day operations
- Project initiation
- This position will be based out of Calgary, Alberta (downtown).
- Compensation is commensurate with education and experience
- A comprehensive benefit package
With a track record of success, Vertex provides a fast-paced environment where people thrive. We recognize that each member brings a valuable skill set to the Vertex team and we make health, safety and community well-being a priority by supporting numerous endeavors at each of our locations across North America.
At Vertex, we value teamwork through collaboration and provide support across the entire organization. If you think you have what it takes to play for the Vertex team, please apply.
*We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted*
To apply for this job please visit vertex.ca.