Vertex is currently accepting applications for a full-time, permanent Project Administrator in Calgary, Alberta. The successful candidate will be responsible to provide support and assist in the implementation of projects to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget. The ideal candidate will also have basic accounting knowledge with accounts receivables and budgets. This position works under the guidance of the Project Manager.
- Diploma and/or post-secondary education in the fields of administration/business or related work experience is an asset
- Minimum of two years’ experience focusing on managing projects and budgets
- Previous consulting experiences an asset
- Thorough understanding of billing processes
- Proficient in Microsoft Software Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Strong organization skills with a proven ability to prioritize and multitask
- High productivity and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
- Exceptional analytical and technical writing skills
- Ability to provide solution- based approach to projects
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines
- Enjoys working in a team to further develop a shared purpose and sense of collective responsibility
- Assist and work closely with the project management teams and billing teams to ensure the completion of the project scope of work and budgets are completed in high degree of accuracy
- Act as a key resources and client contact on an ongoing basis as directed by the project manager
- Prepare, plan and scheduling various types of projects and project timelines; escalating any issues to project managers
- Assist Project Managers with compiling and documenting progress billings for clients
- Verify information to ensure all charges billed to the client are accurate
- Work closely with project managers and billing team on collectable accounts
- Establish, maintain and liaison with clients and stakeholders to grow and maintain business relationships vital to the success of the project
- Assist in development of best practices and tools for project execution and management
- Working with the safety team to ensure safety on all levels
- This position will be based out of the Calgary office.
- Compensation is commensurate with education and experience
- A comprehensive benefit package is provided
- Potential for Employee RRSP Profit Sharing
- Learning and development opportunities
- A culture of performance and accountability
- A supportive and positive team environment
With a track record of success, Vertex provides a fast-paced environment where people thrive. We recognize that each member brings a valuable skillset to the Vertex team and we make health, safety and community well-being a priority by supporting numerous endeavors at each of our locations across North America.
At Vertex, we value teamwork through collaboration and provide support across the entire organization. If you think you have what it takes to play for the Vertex team, please apply.
*We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted*
To apply for this job please visit vertex.ca.