Requisition Id: 22513
Department: Communication & Media Affairs Department
Are you passionate about building community connections and delivering effective communications to advance exciting, new projects? Pembina’s Corporate Communications Team, part of External Affairs is recruiting for an Advisor, Project Communications and will report to the Manager, Communications & Media Affairs.
The Advisor, Project Communications, will support Pembina’s projects and operations by developing effective communications strategies that build and protect Pembina’s reputation in current and prospective operating communities. This full-time communications professional will participate in various aspects of the Company’s communications initiatives, such as community engagement, stakeholder communications, media relations, and crisis communications.
This role is closely integrated with Projects, Indigenous Relations, Regulatory, Government Relations, Environment, Sustainability, and Business Development as an important link in connecting our communities with Pembina’s growing business.
We are seeking a confident, motivated, high-performing individual who can carry out assignments with a strong attention to detail, that is able to work both independently and collaboratively and comes to the table with creative solutions.
Summary, Project Communications Responsibilities
- This role will develop and implement strategic stakeholder engagement and public affairs plans, in collaboration with External Affairs, to support ongoing operations and other community relations activities with measurable objectives, stakeholder mapping, issues management, and effective use of communications tools and tactics;
- Anticipate and mitigate potential risks to Pembina’s reputation; promote and enhance the company’s reputation;
- Solid abilities fostering and maintaining effective and collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Serve as a trusted advisor, providing communications support as it relates to Pembina’s business units as assigned;
- Act as spokesperson on key campaigns and local events and issues impacting our business;
- Connect and integrate what’s happening in our communities with the broader operations;
- Build and drive content, including sourcing/writing/editing; ensure content is well-written and specific to intended audience groups;
- Work effectively and collaboratively with media, stakeholders and colleagues;
- Contribute to a team environment that values inclusion & diversity; and
- Provide strategic counsel and on-call support for crisis communications.
- Skilled communicator with 10+ years of experience that can think strategically, is action-oriented and thrives in a fast-paced environment with competing demands and deadlines;
- Diploma or Degree in Public Relations, Communications, Business or related discipline;
- Oil and gas industry knowledge is required; midstream experience is an asset;
- Above-average Microsoft Office skills;
- Experienced at preparing effective communications materials targeted at various stakeholder audiences;
- Strong client consulting, project management, communications planning skills and the ability to conceptualize, develop and execute a plan from end to end;
- Strong writer, editor and speaker with the ability to translate complex concepts into clear, concise messaging;
- Experience working in an on-call emergency communications role, including in an Emergency Operations Centre;
- Excellent engagement skills with an ability to interact constructively with team members while influence Pembina’s decision makers: and
- Strong organizational and time management skills are essential, along with strong attention to accuracy and details.
Final candidate will be required to undergo a background check; including a criminal record check.
No agency calls please.
Pembina Pipeline Corporation is committed to diversity, equal opportunity and ensuring that our employees have the ability to thrive in an inclusive environment. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous status, national origin, age, disability or any other legally-protected factors. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request during the recruitment process.
For more than 65 years, Pembina has safely and reliably served North America’s energy industry, delivering oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids production to North American markets.
Powering Pembina’s growth are our smart, creative and energetic people who allow us to remain a disciplined and responsible energy transportation and service provider and a trusted member in our communities.
Our expectations are high and our rewards reflect this: We treat our people well – whether it’s through our compensation package, community engagement and volunteer opportunities, or our numerous social activities.
Pembina provides everything you could want in an employer. We are a proud recipient of Canada’s Top 100 Employers (2018-2021), Alberta’s Top Employers (2014-2021), Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2019), and an Employer Partner of the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion. We are also a strong supporter of Skills Canada.
To apply for this job please visit careers.pembina.com.