The Project Controls representative’s responsibility is to create, maintain and update project reporting requirements; update and develop schedules; complete project purchasing; complete project specific cost control and forecasting; and to aid the Project Manager in his duties while onsite. The Controls representative will engage directly with the client’s representatives and will be responsible to prepare and present the controls reporting documentation internally and to the client.
Employees are expected to support and participate in a “culture of safety”, adhere to and be ambassadors of Strike’s Code of Conduct and Values, act professional and amicable, and to treat others with dignity, respect, and fairness. PROJECT DETAILS
- 14 days on & 7 days off shift schedule (10.5 hours a day) camp based position
- Located at Hidden Lake located approximately 2.5 – 3 hours from Manning, AB
- Strike will provide bussing from Crossfield & Edmonton and bussing daily from camp to site.
- Travel allowance of $800 will be paid once per shift
- Execute, prepare and maintain Project Schedules via Primavera for specified projects;
- Develop, track and maintain progress tracking tools and curves.
- Assist in assigning specific project codes of accounts (WBS);
- Bi-Weekly / Monthly Project reporting (tracking of baseline versus actual vs. forecast) for Management/Client review
- Analysis and identification of project deviations from the baseline plan for team review;
- Capturing changes in scope of work, and updating schedule / cost estimates to reflect revised project scope;
- Provide reports on weekly labor performance, weekly cost, labor project by task, project status, project revenue and expenses by task, project cost summaries by discipline, unit rate PF curves and equipment and materials expenditure summary by task code (FAC v. current budget)
- Proactively communicate project change management
- Establish and maintain Trend/Change order log
- Verify budget revisions, trends, and change orders prior to Project Management signoff
- Actively participate in bi-weekly or monthly reviews of all cost controls deliverables with the project team and other stakeholders
- Degree in Engineering with specialization in Project Management or Cost Control related training.
- Technical diploma in Project Management or Cost Control related training.
- Technical training in Primavera P6
- Minimum 5-10 years experience in a similar position
- Technically strong in project cost planning, scheduling and reporting.
- Knowledge in the use of MS Project, Primavera Scheduling, Microsoft Excel and Word
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Mature, proactive, resourceful and hands-on with good initiative.
- Independent worker who requires minimal supervision.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
Who we are
Strike Group is a Canadian company with various locations in Alberta, Saskatchewan, British Columbia and Manitoba. Strike Group has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2007, and in 2013 was awarded Contractor of the Year by Alberta Venture.
At Strike we demonstrate leadership, drive, creativity and initiative and reward people for their commitment, energy, enthusiasm and results. We treat others as we wish to be treated and, most importantly, ensure that every employee goes home safe.
Why work for us
Strike encourages and supports professional development through education and mentorship. We offer comprehensive benefits, competitive wages, and opportunities for career growth. We support the communities where we live and the Strike team that makes those communities thrive.
To apply for this job please visit www.strikegroup.ca.