POSITION SUMMARY Based out ofBonnyville, Alberta the Project Controller is responsible for the overall delivery of project controls including planning and scheduling, estimating, cost management, trend and change management, progress measurement and evaluation, reporting, and project accounting. The Project Controller will provide technical and management support to the field construction operations team for a progress monitoring tool.
Employees are expected to support and participate in a “culture of safety”, adhere to and be ambassadors of Strike’s Code of Conduct and Values, act professional and amicable, and to treat others with dignity, respect, and fairness.
- Postion will be based our of Bonnyville Alberta.
- Prepare complex reports in Excel for internal and external distribution
- Provide technical support for various in-house progress tracking and scheduling applications
- Provide support of the creation and maintenance of the project schedule and provides ongoing updates to project stakeholders
- Maintain and evaluate project progress including earned value management on a regular basis
- Implement the cost management process including assisting with budget and chart of account development
- Review and validate production quantity and invoices
- Assist with change management functions with creation of proposals and field
- Continuously improve project administrative processes and procedures to enhance efficiencies for the projects. Monitor procedures and practices, thinking creatively and strategically to create improvements.
- Other duties, as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or Finance
- 3+ years of experience in Project Controls
- Experience with engineering and construction-based cost and scheduling systems (Productivity, performance measurement, progress tracking, change management, etc.)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong technical, analytical, and problem-solving capabilities are required; organizational skills and attention to detail are required
- Knowledge of MS Office required; advanced level knowledge of MS Excel required; working knowledge of Power BI an asset
- Strong knowledge of scheduling software (MS Project or Primavera P6) required
- Capable of responding to project stakeholder requests in typical situations and understands client needs and works to meet those needs by offering assistance and advice on standard practical issues
Why work for Strike: Based in Western Canada with a head office in Calgary, Alberta, we provide energy and industrial construction and maintenance services across the largest geographical area in Canada. At Strike we continuously demonstrate leadership, drive, creativity, and initiative. This has been shown through the recognition of being named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2007, and then later recognized at Platinum Level for Canada’s Best Managed Companies distinction since 2018. Our team is comprised of loyal, supportive, and forward-thinking industry professionals. We foster a stable, safe, and community-minded environment where you can embrace professional development and maximize your upward mobility. At Strike we also reward our own people for their continuous commitment, energy, enthusiasm, and results. Our culture at Strike is highly important to us, which is why we make many efforts to support those employed at Strike. Strike’s main value is that every employee gets home safe. We are a safety focused company that allows our employees to work efficiently with the safest equipment and procedures. At Strike, we have created a community that supports the importance of physical and mental health. As we value the importance of treating others as we wish to be treated, Strike has a welcoming and inclusive team. Strike Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. Join our fast-growing company with a small business feel.
To apply for this job please visit www.strikegroup.ca.