POSITION SUMMARY Based out of Bonnyville, Alberta the Project Controller is responsible for the overall delivery of project controls including planning and scheduling, estimating, cost management, trend and change management, progress measurement and evaluation, reporting, and project accounting. The Project Controller will provide technical and management support to the field construction operations team for a progress monitoring tool.
Employees are expected to support and participate in a “culture of safety”, adhere to and be ambassadors of Strike’s Code of Conduct and Values, act professional and amicable, and to treat others with dignity, respect, and fairness.
- Postion will be based our of Bonnyville Alberta.
- Prepare complex reports in Excel for internal and external distribution
- Provide technical support for various in-house progress tracking and scheduling applications
- Provide support of the creation and maintenance of the project schedule and provides ongoing updates to project stakeholders
- Maintain and evaluate project progress including earned value management on a regular basis
- Implement the cost management process including assisting with budget and chart of account development
- Review and validate production quantity and invoices
- Assist with change management functions with creation of proposals and field
- Continuously improve project administrative processes and procedures to enhance efficiencies for the projects. Monitor procedures and practices, thinking creatively and strategically to create improvements.
- Other duties, as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or Finance
- 3+ years of experience in Project Controls
- Experience with engineering and construction-based cost and scheduling systems (Productivity, performance measurement, progress tracking, change management, etc.)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong technical, analytical, and problem-solving capabilities are required; organizational skills and attention to detail are required
- Knowledge of MS Office required; advanced level knowledge of MS Excel required; working knowledge of Power BI an asset
- Strong knowledge of scheduling software (MS Project or Primavera P6) required
- Capable of responding to project stakeholder requests in typical situations and understands client needs and works to meet those needs by offering assistance and advice on standard practical issues
Who we are
Strike Group is a Canadian company with various locations in Alberta, Saskatchewan, British Columbia and Manitoba. Strike Group has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2007, and in 2013 was awarded Contractor of the Year by Alberta Venture.
At Strike we demonstrate leadership, drive, creativity and initiative and reward people for their commitment, energy, enthusiasm and results. We treat others as we wish to be treated and, most importantly, ensure that every employee goes home safe.
Why work for us
Strike encourages and supports professional development through education and mentorship. We offer comprehensive benefits, competitive wages, and opportunities for career growth. We support the communities where we live and the Strike team that makes those communities thrive.
To apply for this job please visit www.strikegroup.ca.