The Project Controls representative’s responsibility is to create, maintain and update project reporting requirements; update and develop schedules; complete project purchasing; complete project specific cost control and forecasting; and to aid the Project Manager in his duties while onsite. The Controls representative will engage directly with the client’s representatives and will be responsible to prepare and present the controls reporting documentation internally and to the client.
- Project is field based, therefore the candidate must be willing to work on the road at various locations in Western Canada.
- Execute, prepare and maintain Project Schedules via Primevera for specified projects;
- Develop, track and maintain progress tracking tools and curves.
- Assist in assigning specific project codes of accounts (WBS);
- Bi-Weekly / Monthly Project reporting (tracking of baseline versus actual vs. forecast) for Management/Client review
- Analysis and identification of project deviations from the baseline plan for team review;
- Capturing changes in scope of work, and updating schedule / cost estimates to reflect revised project scope;
- Provide reports on weekly labor performance, weekly cost, labor project by task, project status, project revenue and expenses by task, project cost summaries by discipline, unit rate PF curves and equipment and materials expenditure summary by task code (FAC v. current budget)
- Proactively communicate project change management
- Establish and maintain Trend/Change order log
- Verify budget revisions, trends, and change orders prior to Project Management signoff
- Actively participate in bi-weekly or monthly reviews of all cost controls deliverables with the project team and other stakeholders
- Degree in Engineering with specialization in Project Management or Cost Control related training.
- Technical diploma in Project Management or Cost Control related training.
- Technical training in Primevera P6
- Minimum 5-10 years experience in a similar position
- Technically strong in project cost planning, scheduling and reporting.
- Knowledge in the use of MS Project, Primavera Scheduling, Microsoft Excel and Word
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Mature, proactive, resourceful and hands-on with good initiative.
- Independent worker who requires minimal supervision.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
To apply for this job please visit www.strikegroup.ca.