- Under limited supervision, provides project management support, construction management support, cost and schedule analysis, reporting, and general project controls support.
- Provides guidance, direction, and specialized assistance for the resolution of difficult project control problems through various methods such as using industry related technical knowledge, designing innovative short cuts, and reviewing engineering alternatives.
- Analyzes, evaluates, and forecasts status against an established baseline schedule. Understands the construction methodology and can identify potential issues and impacts and propose corrective actions.
- Assess the impact(s) of design or construction changes and associated cost growth and/or schedule slippages. Evaluates proposed process improvements, requests for information (RFIs), and differing site conditions for impacts to the project in terms of cost and/or schedule.
- Estimates quantities and cost of materials, equipment, or labor to validate project estimates, change orders and scope changes through the review of design drawings, sketches, calculations or other information supplied by the engineering or construction company.
- Understands and applies engineering, procurement and construction terminology, concepts and relationships to the scope of work and ensures adherence to safety and quality standards.
- Utilizes engineering knowledge and experience to review and process engineering submittals, and track the progress of the same and coordinate submittal and reviews with the project manager, project team members and any other stakeholders as directed by his/her supervisor.
- Analyze survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photography, and other topographical or geologic data to assist in project planning.
- Based on design reviews, identifies any out of scope changes and documents quantity variances based on material take offs (MTOs) from design documents.
- Review contractor equipment logs, time sheets, supplier invoices and contracts to check that equipment and personnel are being utilized as specified.
- Validate the reported progress percentage based on the rules of credit established within the project with the contractors through spot checks of the design documents and/or construction progress.
- Review contractor schedules for accuracy and alignment with the overall master schedule. Reviews project documents, including design sets, to determine project milestones and sequencing and validate that the construction schedules comply with the project documents.
- Assist in processing of project change notices and reporting of changes through the client’s Change Management System.
- Assist in compilation of all weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports for the project.
To apply for this job please visit www.brunel.net.