Requisition Id: 22248
Department: Technical Services Unit
Pembina Pipeline Corporation’s Calgary office is recruiting for a Lead, Project Controls to join the team for the Modified Peace Expansion Phase 7 Program duration (22 month contract). This contract position reports to the Manager, Project Controls in the Technical Services Unit (TSU), part of Pembina’s Corporate Services division.
The successful candidate will be a hands-on working Lead within the Home Office Project Controls team for the Modified Peace Expansion Phase 7 Program. This 22 month contract position will lead a group of four Project Controls personnel: two in the Calgary home office and two Field Project Controls Analysts, and will be embedded within the program/project management team. The Phase 7 Pipeline Expansion is a Conventional Business Unit (CBU) asset and it is executed by Pembina’s Major Projects Unit (MPU).
Summary of Responsibilities
The Lead, Project Controls will play a key role in assuring the quality of work performed and providing timely forward-looking project cost/schedule/risk analysis to enable informed decision-making by the project team and its leadership. The Project Controls Lead will enable and seek benefit-realization opportunities by using new Project Controls systems, construction schedule/cost reduction opportunities, reduced effort through automated reporting features, and efficiency with information flow. This individual will be responsible for assuring a harmonized and lean/efficient integration of field project controls with home office personnel and accountable for compliance to the Project Controls standards. Specific responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Lead a team of two home office and two field project control analysts/schedulers;
• Provide leadership for Earned Value Management (EVM) to effectively support Project Management’s decision making using project and program cost and schedule key performance indicators;
• Ensure compliance with corporate policies and standards, including Project Controls Standards, Enterprise Risk Management, AFE and Supply Chain Policies;
• Collaborate with and proactively support Project Managers, Program Manager and Project Governance, ensuring that all projects and the program operate within authorized AFE funding;
• Accountable for the timely communication, visibility, and transparency of project and program cost and schedule performance, status, risks, and early warnings;
• Support the development and implementation of Work Breakdown Structures WBS and subsequent cost and schedule breakdown of all projects part of the Phase 7 program;
• Control the cost estimates, calculate the incurred cost, accrual, cost variance analysis, incorporation of changes, contingency monitoring, and cost forecasting at the individual project level and the aggregation at the program level;
• Model capital forecasting by combining cost and schedule information at different project maturity stages (pre and post FID) based on a gated project funding approval and incorporation of project changes;
• Coordinate and participate in a multidiscipline review of project capital forecasts, accruals and analysis of project trends;
• Contribute to a team environment that values inclusion and diversity; and
• Perform variance analysis and implement project change management standards and procedures at all WBS levels of the program.
• Diploma or Degree in Engineering, Economics, Project Management, Cost Engineering, or Business Administration; equivalent experience in lieu of education will be considered;
• 15+ years’ progressive experience in a Project Controls environment focused on Cost Control; advanced familiarity with Project Planning and Scheduling is an asset;
• 5+ years’ experience in a Project Controls Lead role;
• Owner experience is required, EPC experience is an asset;
• Experience with large capital mega-projects and pipeline expansion programs would be considered an asset;
• Proficient in technical aspects of project cost management, including WBS creation & maintenance, cost and schedule baseline development, cash flow development & maintenance, change management, cost and schedule trend analysis, and project reporting in a corporate environment;
• Proven computer skills in MS Office and advanced working knowledge of Excel;
• Advanced hands-on working experience with PRISM G2, PRISM Go, and their integration with Primavera P6 are specific requirements for this position. Working knowledge with integrated Project Controls systems with SAP and SAP Fiori applications is an asset;
• Exceptional communicator, assertive and collaborative, will lead positive change and drive results, as well as challenge the status quo in a professional manner; and
• Willingness to commit to a 22 month contract.
The successful candidate must live within 100 KM of Pembina’s Calgary, AB office.
Final candidate will be required to undergo a background check; including a criminal record check.
No agency calls please.
Pembina Pipeline Corporation is committed to diversity, equal opportunity and ensuring that our employees have the ability to thrive in an inclusive environment. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous status, national origin, age, disability or any other legally-protected factors. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request during the recruitment process.
For more than 65 years, Pembina has safely and reliably served North America’s energy industry, delivering oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids production to North American markets.
Powering Pembina’s growth are our smart, creative and energetic people who allow us to remain a disciplined and responsible energy transportation and service provider and a trusted member in our communities.
Our expectations are high and our rewards reflect this: We treat our people well – whether it’s through our compensation package, community engagement and volunteer opportunities, or our numerous social activities.
Pembina provides everything you could want in an employer. We are a proud recipient of Canada’s Top 100 Employers (2018-2021), Alberta’s Top Employers (2014-2021), Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2019), and an Employer Partner of the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion. We are also a strong supporter of Skills Canada.
To apply for this job please visit careers.pembina.com.