Roska DBO is seeking a Project Controls Specialist for our busy customer whose office is based in downtown Calgary. This is a 10 month contract position with a 5/2 schedule with remote work options. The PCS will be a subject matter expert (SME) in all aspects of project control processes and procedures. They will be responsible for providing his/her expert knowledge on testing and validating tools and solutions, and providing support on interfacing with the new Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system. The successful candidate is expected to have extensive working knowledge of all aspects of project services functions including, scheduling, integrated planning, cost control, progress tracking, reporting, risk, and change management.
The ideal candidate will possess an in-depth working knowledge of applications commonly used in managing and controlling all phases of a capital project life-cycle, from conception to completion. The PCS will provide his/her expertise in manpower planning, histograms, analysis of the project critical path, as well as monitoring, tracking, and forecasting of project costs, commodity quantities, progress and budgets. The PCS will be responsible for building and maintaining the training plan for NxtGenERP by identifying individual training needs. This position will also interact and coordinate with multiple stakeholders, including but not limited to IT, Engineering, Quality Management, Construction Management, Project Management, Project Controls, Finance, Contracts Administration, and Supply Chain
The successful candidate will be a subject matter expert in using P6 for planning/scheduling, SAP for cost management, and have some experience in implementing, testing, and providing feedback on an ERP system. Basic knowledge of Omega Pims and SiteView is also preferred
• Integrate within the assigned workstream(s) to participate in the test sessions to understand business processes and application landscape to conduct risk assessment.
• Review and recommend standard automated business controls (application controls) considering also relevant IT dependent, manual controls.
• Validate appropriate interface controls are in place between various systems and functions.
• Validate appropriate controls are in place for completeness and accuracy of key reports used for control activities.
• Document controls testing, controls narratives, procedures and related deliverables.
• Support and execute capital project training activities; including process, solution and user level training packages through rollout and post-rollout
• Collaborate with Workstream Leads to understand stakeholder impacts, identify learning needs (input to program-level learning plan), and navigate stakeholder resistance, to establish a capital project training package.
• Ensure the solutions being designed, configured, and deployed meet the expected value-generating outcomes of the functional capabilities.
• Other duties as required and directed by Project Controls Lead, Project Services Manager.
Required and Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Expert hands-on work experience in using the Primavera P6 tool.
• Well-versed with cost control principles, policies, procedures, and financial system.
• Possess a sound knowledge in identifying and handling project changes, ensuring impacts of proposed changes are evaluated within an integrated project team and a reasonable basis for decision-making is derived by quantifying the impact of each potential change on project objectives.
• Proficient in the development and maintenance of high-level schedules and detailed project level CPM (critical path method) schedules using Primavera P6.
• Demonstrate competency in providing quality assurance of contractor’s schedule and integrating the contractor’s schedule activities into a master schedule that reflects execution planning, clear understanding of the scope, and status of the work.
• Degree or Technical Certificate, or equivalent work experience.
• Strong hands-on experience with Project Control practices and principles.
• Minimum 5 years oil and gas industry experience in a Project Control role.
• Minimum 3 years of site-based Project Control experience.
• Proficient in the use of SAP and MS Office suite.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment and meet tight deadlines.
• Strong technical, interpersonal and team working skills.
• Familiarity with AFE procedures and the project gate process.
• Experience with the typical Project Control requirements within all types of contract agreements (cost reimbursable, lump-sum, unit rate and target price).
• Demonstrated analytical skills.
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Efficiently prioritize work to meet deadlines.
• SiteView and/or Omega Pims experience is considered an asset.
• Past experience in designing, testing, and implementation of an ERP system and/or application is considered an asset.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in Canada on a regular full-time basis without restrictions and be willing to undergo pre-employment screening including criminal background checks.
We thank all applicants in advance for your interest in Roska DBO Inc., only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Roska DBO Inc. is a customer-focused operations company with a 25+ year’s track record offering expertise in production and equipment solutions on well sites and facilities. Based in Grande Prairie, Alberta, with a network of locations, Roska serves all of western and northern Canada, plus selected U.S. and international markets, with a primary focus on the Alberta/ B.C. region.
Our Workforce Solutions group works with customers across western Canada to recruit qualified candidates for assignments ranging from emergency callouts to longer term contingent workforce solutions. Our customers rely on us for operational staff, including plant/field operators, turnaround staff, administration and camp support staff.
In addition to fulfilling the contract operating needs of oil and gas producing, midstream and pipeline companies, Roska Designs, Builds and Operates well-site facilities, rents equipment and provides Production Testing and flowback services using a company-owned well testing fleet. When you join the Roska Team, the sky is the limit!
To apply for this job please visit roskadbo.catsone.com.