Requisition Id: 24809
Department: Pipelines Eng. & Construction Unit
Pembina’s Pipeline Engineering and Construction Unit (PEC) is currently recruiting for an Engineer, Projects to join the Phase 8 Peace Expansion team.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Project Engineering, this individual will be an experienced Project Engineer that will support one or more Project Manager(s) in project execution.
Summary of Responsibilities
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Understand and translate business requirements into effective project execution and construction strategies;
- Ensure projects are delivered within the approved business case commitments (cost, schedule, functionality, through-put, and reliability);
- Ensure that projects satisfy all corporate safety, technical, operational, commercial, maintenance, and quality requirements as defined in our specifications, standards, and practices;
- Coordinate and manage external engineering consultants, and contractors for the execution of design, procurement of materials and equipment, construction and commissioning of pipeline facilities;
- Coordinate applicable Regulatory, Land, First Nations and Environmental applications related to the construction of pipeline facilities;
- Promote and embody Pembina’s culture of Safety Starts with Me;
- Work within Pembina’s Project Delivery Governance Lifecycle (PDGL) to achieve gate approval across the full project lifecycle;
- Collaborate with project controls resources to establish cost estimates, schedules, forecasting, accruals, earned value measurement, progress targets and any other activities required to properly manage projects;
- Apply proactive contract management methods to ensure contractors successfully fulfill the requirements of the contract with an absence of claims or disputes;
- Identify, analyze, and actively manage and mitigate risks on projects;
- Supporting project implementation through Pembina’s Management of Change (MOC) process;
- Support Project and Program reporting requirements; and
- Participate in a team environment that values inclusion and diversity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (technical diploma in related fields will be considered if the candidate has extensive related project management experience);
- Minimum 5 to 10 years of relevant experience in engineering / project management experience;
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation is considered an asset;
- Effective project leader with the ability to organize, influence, problem solve, present, and communicate effectively;
- Driven, results-oriented individual who naturally takes responsibility for setting standards and achieving results working with teams in a collaborative environment;
- Self-directed and capable of prioritizing competing commitments within a continuously changing climate, instilling confidence while creating strong relationships quickly;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, with a constructive and collaborative approach to conflict resolution;
- Technical knowledge of liquids pipeline hydraulics, pumps, tanks, metering, quality control and instrumentation equipment, pipelines and related equipment is an asset;
- Field experience including experience with pipeline and facility construction and facility operations is an asset;
- Commitment to continuously act in an environmentally and socially conscientious manner to maintain the dependability, integrity, and safety of Pembina’s work sites and systems; and
- Based in our Calgary Office, you will be required to travel periodically to the project areas.
Final candidate will be required to undergo a background check; including a criminal record check.
No agency calls please.
Pembina Pipeline Corporation is committed to diversity, equal opportunity and ensuring that our employees have the ability to thrive in an inclusive environment. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous status, national origin, age, disability or any other legally-protected factors. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request during the recruitment process.
For more than 65 years, Pembina has safely and reliably served North America’s energy industry, delivering oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids production to North American markets.
Powering Pembina’s growth are our smart, creative and energetic people who allow us to remain a disciplined and responsible energy transportation and service provider and a trusted member in our communities.
Our expectations are high and our rewards reflect this: We treat our people well – whether it’s through our compensation package, community engagement or volunteer opportunities.
Pembina provides everything you could want in an employer. We are a proud recipient of Canada’s Top 100 Employers (2018-2022), Alberta’s Top Employers (2014-2022) and an Employer Partner of the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion. We are also a strong supporter of Skills Canada.
To apply for this job please visit careers.pembina.com.