We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
TC Energy’s Canada Gas Operations group is looking for a Project Engineer to join our team. Reporting to the Manager Operations Services, Measurement Engineering, the Project Engineer is accountable for ensuring that multi-discipline engineering deliverables are supplied to projects according to the defined project scope, cost, and schedule working directly with the Project Manager and discipline engineers assigned to the project.
What you’ll do
- Project scoping
- Small scope electrical, instrumentation and control discipline engineering design
- Technical direction and oversight supporting the Company’s internal and external engineering service providers in alignment with Company engineering standards and project requirements
- Validation that project scopes align to equipment integrity management strategies
- Provide project lessons learned supporting continuous improvement of Company standards, plans and procedures
- Assist in the implementation of design decisions formally to engineering and other contractors through the contract management of change process
- Prepare, assist and support the preparation of materials required by LNG Canada as part of their project development process
- Create and review construction RFP and contract documents
- University degree in engineering from an accredited university
- Registered, or eligible for registration, as a Professional Engineer with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA), or equivalent governing body
- Four (4) to 10 years of relevant experience
- An alternate combination of education and experience may be considered
- Background in facilities engineering relating to gas, some liquids pipeline facilities engineering experience may be relevant
- Experience in engineering management, specifically management of engineering contractors
- Demonstrated team player with ability to work with multiple teams
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Mechanical systems and process knowledge and experience
- Field experience during project construction and commissioning
- Functional understanding of quality management and change management processes
Apply to this posting by 10/17/2019 using reference code 60799. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Use a desktop or laptop computer to avoid system errors.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* TC Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tcenergy.com.