As a Project Estimator, you will be responsible for the planning, development and coordination of the project estimates and schedules. This would include tracking issues, analyzing data, and providing reports to key stakeholders and clients. You will be required to problem solve and continuously look for innovative solutions that can be utilized on projects. Preference will be given to candidates with a background in Construction & Maintenance in an industrial setting.
- Conduct detailed analysis of project requirements and specifications
- Complete quantity take-off of all labor, equipment, & materials required to complete projects
- Establish a critical path schedule in order to estimate completion dates and timelines
- Occasionally travel to work sites
- Reviews constructability issues in the preparation and review of work plans and schedules
- Possesses the ability to conceptualize a project without complete drawings
- Reviews project budgets, schedules, and execution plans to identify any potential risks prior to the project starting and throughout project life cycles
- Identify and create change orders
QUALIFICATIONS & TECHNICAL DELIVERY:
- Practical experience in welding, iron work, millwright, etc., or all-around construction experience based on structural steel and maintenance
- Journeyman Certificate or trades experience an asset
- Ability to read drawings and blueprints and to identify possible problems and/or conflicts
- Strong computer skills with experience using Microsoft Excel an asset
- Detail oriented with a solid sense and vision of the entire project
- Skilled in multi-tasking with ability to handle many projects at once
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with capability to collaborate with supervisors, PM’s, clients, etc.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol screening
- Must possess a clean driver’s abstract
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada
Torque Industrial Ltd. is a customer-focused company offering expertise in welding, pipefitting, millwright, etc. and is one of the best-rounded construction and maintenance companies. Based in Grande Prairie, Alberta, servicing clients throughout Alberta and BC supporting the wood, pulp, mine, energy, and oil & gas industries in Western Canada.
We thank all applicants in advance for your interest in Torque Industrial Ltd. and this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit roskadbo.catsone.com.