STUDENT CO-OP/INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY: 12-month term, starting May 2018.
The Project Systems department is seeking a co-op student to support the team in technology based initiatives. The Project Systems team is a small focused group that is responsible for the implementation and maintenance of tools and technology to support capital projects in the gas and liquids business units at TransCanada. Currently, there are two main focus areas – line pipe materials traceability and project commitments and compliance management. Both tools are web-based and will be deployed within the organization in 2018.
The successful applicant will be part of a team and have the opportunity to interact with a variety of project stakeholders and users, gain understanding of the North American energy industry and project execution, and support the team by helping to develop processes, training, and utilization of the tools.
- Support and help coordinate development of training materials, implementation and communications documentation (ie. strategies, process, plans), and resources (ie. SharePoint, other relevant support materials);
- Provide back-up and support in the administrator role for the software platforms. This includes access provisioning, user requests and troubleshooting, and monitoring of the support email inbox and TransCanada access request tools;
- Ad hoc qualitative and quantitative research and analysis requests, as required;
- Interact and communicate with multiple stakeholders and team members internally to support in delivering training, user support, utilization and adoption growth of tools;
- Support the development and possible improvements of processes, procedures, reports, and presentations;
- Other tasks, as required.
Qualifications and Education
- Must be enrolled in a co-op/internship program at a recognized post-secondary institution over the duration of the work term;
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills, using critical thinking to work through complex problems;
- Excellent time management skills to balance competing priorities;
- Results-oriented individual who thrives working in a fast-paced environment;
- Positive and professional attitude;
- Self-driven with strong interpersonal skills to support clients effectively;
- Ability to collaborate with a diverse group of individuals;
- Attention to detail ability to capture and report information with a high degree of accuracy;
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple assignments;
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) with peers;
- Comfort and aptitude with learning new software programs.
- 2nd or 3rd year student enrolled in a Business program, any discipline;
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office is required.
*Depending on the qualifications of the applicants, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
Applicants who require accommodation at any stage of the application process or if you would like additional information regarding TransCanada's accommodation policies please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
All positions require background screening. Some include criminal and/or credit checks in order to comply with regulations.
Please apply to this posting by 01/26/2018. To apply, go to jobs.transcanada.com and enter reference code 46588. Only applications submitted through the TransCanada Careers website will be acknowledged.
TransCanada is an equal opportunity employer.
Make what you do matter.
At TransCanada we dream big, think big and do big things. For over 60 years, we've had the vision and scale to deliver big things that matter to the world. From supplying reliable and efficient energy to millions of North Americans with our pipelines, gas storage and power generation facilities, we believe in making big things possible.
TransCanada is looking for people who are willing to think about the future…and think big. We're looking for people who are ready to take on the most significant challenges of their careers and define energy infrastructure in North America.
Thank you for choosing TransCanada in your career search.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://jobs.transcanada.com/job/Calgary-Project-Governance-&-Services-Co-op-Student-AB/451135900/?feedId=null&utm_source=J2WRSS&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=J2W_RSS →