POSITION SUMMARY The Project Manager, E&I provides the overall on-site administrative and technical management for a major project or multiple small to mid-sized projects. Responsibilities include ensuring project completion according to design, budget, and schedule; developing new contracts; directing personnel; maintaining Strike’s high standard of safety; and overseeing proper protocols in the field. CORE ACCOUNTABILITES
- Lead the development of a project strategy that meets the project’s required performance, schedule and profitability targets. Ensure construction execution plans are achieved
- Coordinate activities with the Project Superintendents or General Foreman to ensure effective utilization of personnel and equipment
- Assist in bidding new jobs as required, ensure the bid team has all relevant information relating to scope and constructability to produce a good bid
- Provide direct and indirect supervision for a team in all aspects of the project (from kick off to completion)
- Responsible for all aspects of project management including safety, staffing, daily operations, and equipment maintenance and operation in compliance with Company policies and procedures
- Responsible for all aspects for customer service including the costing, bidding, scheduling and contracting process, change management and conflict resolution
- In conjunction with the area or project office, responsible for processing time tickets for personnel and equipment, invoicing, project procurement, subcontracts and Independent Service Provider contracts
- Execute job plans in an efficient and organized manner – ensure that the work progresses according to schedule, that material and equipment are procured and delivered to the site on time, and that the activities of the various workers , tradesmen and subcontractors are coordinated
- Ensure customer satisfaction is achieved by delivery of safe, quality and productive construction services
- Maintain and operate all company equipment and facilities in accordance with approved company operating standards and practices
- Ensure site safety is not compromised for schedule or production and ensure the safety policies are followed including project procedures, safety program requirements, work and equipment maintenance rules. Ensure incidents and violations are properly documented, reported and investigated if necessary.
- Ensure the QA/QC program, processes and required documentation are identified up front and built into the schedule throughout the project
- Recognized diploma or bachelor’s degree in engineering or construction management. Equivalencies will be considered.
- PMP designation preferred
- Minimum of ten years of “hands-on” experience in the capacity of project manager in oilfield construction/maintenance projects and services supplemented by other aspects of construction management including cost estimating
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Progressive experience in industrial projects including experience with project management skills and ability to prepare project budgets to achieve required margins
- Excellent financial management skills
- A good understanding of Alberta occupational health and safety legislation, regulations, standards and procedures
- A working understanding of quality control regulations and procedures
- Ability to motivate teams and simultaneously manage several tasks
- Leads by example and adapts to change
- Team player with proven ability to resolve conflicts and problems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including MS Project.
- Knowledge of Primavera is an asset
- Knowledge of applicable laws, codes, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Developed analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Capable of participating in and facilitating group meetings
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
At Strike we demonstrate leadership, drive, creativity and initiative and reward people for their commitment, energy, enthusiasm and results. We treat others as we wish to be treated and, most importantly, ensure that every employee goes home safe. Why work for us Strike encourages and supports professional development through education and mentorship. We offer comprehensive benefits, a rewarding short term incentive plan, competitive wages, and opportunities for career growth. We support the communities where we live and the Strike team that makes those communities thrive.
To apply for this job please visit www.strikegroup.ca.